Motorola Moto G vs Sony Xperia SP? Which to buy?

Darklord1011

Recruit
Ok so here is the dilemma, i am in now.

Motorola Moto G is priced 14000/-, whereas Xperia SP is priced 17500/-.

Motorola Moto G.
Quad Core 1.2 Ghz.
Android kitkat upgrade.
Adreno 305 GPU.

Xperia SP
Dual core 1.7 GHz krait.
Android 4.1.
Adreno 320.

Both are 720p screens.
Which of the phone will be better to buy among the both, for gaming and videos, and durability, please help.

Thanks.

SP is better in everything but software version (even that is doubtful as SP is likely to get 4.3 this week/next week). Also G is 14k and SP is 21-22k so its not even a fair comparison. Instead of that, post your max budget and expectations/requirements of the phone and we'll try to help you with this info.

SP is better in everything but software version (even that is doubtful as SP is likely to get 4.3 this week/next week). Also G is 14k and SP is 21-22k so its not even a fair comparison. Instead of that, post your max budget and expectations/requirements of the phone and we'll try to help you with this info.
On ebay Xperia SP is available at 18k, so 4k more for a better device, i dont mind spending, as my budget is of 18000 max and it is in my range.

Here is the link from a top rated seller:- www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Original-Sealed-Sony-Xperia-SP-Black-Color-/291039239988?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item43c34a5f34&_uhb=1#ht_3166wt_922

I need minimum 720p display.
4.2" above screen.
All games should be atleast smoothly playable.
Good battery backup.
I wont be changing my phone for next 2 years after i buy this time, so i need a decent phone.

Last edited:
Also G is 14k and SP is 21-22k so its not even a fair comparison.
That's how aggressive lenovo is here, its made this kind of comparison possible. G is making all other mid-range phones appear overpriced for what they offer.

The biggest draw about the G is that it sells for just Rs.500 over what it costs in the US. Usually we end up paying 50% more.

Why bother to import the G from abroad ? only if you want the single sim variant with 3rd party support.

Samsung and Sony better drop prices soon of thier quad core 720p phones . If flipkart can supply enough moto g then micromax xolo need to go below 10k for thier quad core 720p phones .

sony did drop their mid-range prices by Rs.1k the day moto g launched.

moto g's price will stay low so long as its just FK handling it, once g gets into the retail chain, margin demands will push its price higher.

All games should be atleast smoothly playable.
Ranjit tested with a number of games low to high intensity. asphalt 8 works best in default or medium resolution. At high resolution there were frame drops but the game was playable. So if you've got anything that demanding this is what you can expect.

Good battery backup.
Battery seems decent.

if you're playing games then your battery is going to get killed. This is not a user replaceable battery so you'd need a battery bank.

Ranjit tested with a number of games low to high intensity. asphalt 8 works best in default or medium resolution. At high resolution there were frame drops but the game was playable. So if you've got anything that demanding this is what you can expect.

Battery seems decent.

if you're playing games then your battery is going to get killed. This is not a user replaceable battery so you'd need a battery bank.
Any good power bank suggestions, preferably online sites, i am not really good in technology, and i ordered Moto G.

Anyone will suggest you Moto G over the SP, but your going to keep the phone phone for over 2 years, you need good availability of service or spares. Sony has that already in place. I doubt how Moto is going to get this done. They have a good product at hand, but service is limited. Even you have to find a service center there is lot to be seen what happens there. They have pulled the plug once, they can do it again.

Its more or less like MSI, they shutdown their operation and really no one know why distris still import such a brand.

Choose wise, good luck with your purchase!

Back