PC Peripherals Mouse buying advice

Ssreek

Adept
My 5 year old mouse started to give up (double clicks and scroll wheel issues).
I am looking to upgrade, can someone suggest a good mouse under 2k.

I would like feedback from people who already are using or used (or tried) such a mouse which they suggest.

I did some research and from reddit, I got few points but not able to decide on anything as most of them are giving blind suggestions from reviews.
But mostly people suggested Logitech G102 / G304 / G402 but they all have double click complaints, so I don't want to get the burden of warranty related fights with service centers.

Any other details if one needs, I will update as required.

I was going to suggest G402 till I reached the end of your post. I personally use G502, both at work and at home, and haven't had any problems with that. If you can stretch your budget, I'd really recommend G502 instead!

I personally use G502, both at work and at home, and haven't had any problems with that. If you can stretch your budget, I'd really recommend G502 instead!
I would if I could, but it's like 3.8k and almost double of my budget. Btw, may I know how long have you been using G502?

I was going to suggest G402 till I reached the end of your post.

Any reason why G402 instead of G102 ? Sure it's higher-end and pricier than G102, but people say G102 has a better sensor than G402 (which is very old).
I am really confused with the G102 vs G402 vs G304 lineup...Every model here has 1 advantage compared to others irrelevant of it's price.

I honestly have had a g402 since 2018 and have used it everyday, and have clocked over 5000 hours on it. Probably dropped it over a hundred times and has been with me in a backpack often and I've had absolutely 0 issues with it till today. I would recommend it based on my experience but recently I've seen people complain about it fairly often.

I'm using G102, its great. sure there are problems which I've faced too like two clicks.
Had to buy new one, but after a lot of reviews I went back to G102 again.
Give it a try I'm sure you'll Love it!

I would if I could, but it's like 3.8k and almost double of my budget. Btw, may I know how long have you been using G502?
I think around 4 years. (The pandemic has distorted time for me.) I also play games like Fortnite, so they have endured a decent amount of clicking.

Any reason why G402 instead of G102
Sorry, no particular reason except that it was the higher end option within your budget, and the hope that it'll be as good as my 502s!

I honestly have had a g402 since 2018 and have used it everyday, and have clocked over 5000 hours on it. Probably dropped it over a hundred times and has been with me in a backpack often and I've had absolutely 0 issues with it till today. I would recommend it based on my experience but recently I've seen people complain about it fairly often.
Thanks for the feedback. Ya, that is the problem, logitech mice are full of complaints these days..One search in reddit and it's full of double click posts.

I'm using G102, its great. sure there are problems which I've faced too like two clicks.
Had to buy new one, but after a lot of reviews I went back to G102 again.
Give it a try I'm sure you'll Love it!
I see. Have you tried their warranty service after you faced issue? Just want to know if warranty is customer friendly or not.

nah because my mice died exactly after one year and one month from the day I bought it, so basically it worked for 1yr warranty period.
I hate it, but sadly I couldn't find any other mouse that'll be good and is not so expensive, then I bought it again, and I'm happy with my purchase.

My recomandation would be to try this one before any heavy Investment, It's a good experience mice!

nah because my mice died exactly after one year and one month from the day I bought it, so basically it worked for 1yr warranty period.
I hate it, but sadly I couldn't find any other mouse that'll be good and is not so expensive, then I bought it again, and I'm happy with my purchase.

My recomandation would be to try this one before any heavy Investment, It's a good experience mice!
Sure, looks like I will definitely have to try G102 before going big, I agree with your point. Thank u.

By the way, buddy, I think it has a 2-year warranty, see if you can claim warranty.

Sure, looks like I will definitely have to try G102 before going big, I agree with your point. Thank u.

By the way, buddy, I think it has a 2-year warranty, see if you can claim warranty.
oh yeah, sorry forgot, I just remembered that it went bad after one month of its warranty period, my bad :tongueout:

I'll also recommend a G102 LightSync.
I've been using it for 10 months now. The only issue this mouse has is the double click issue. I also faced this after about 8 months or so, but the RMA process was smooth and painless and got a new mouse within 4 days, no questions asked.
Excellent mouse otherwise. Try getting it for 1.1k during sales.

I'll also recommend a G102 LightSync.
I've been using it for 10 months now. The only issue this mouse has is the double click issue. I also faced this after about 8 months or so, but the RMA process was smooth and painless and got a new mouse within 4 days, no questions asked.
Excellent mouse otherwise. Try getting it for 1.1k during sales.

I hope every service center has such no questions asked replacement. I doubt if it will come for 1.1k...It's going for 1495 and doesn't seem to decrease during this sale.

It regularly goes for sale for around 1.1k every 2 months or so, so you can wait it out, if you want./
As for Logitech RMA, everyone I know has a had a smooth experience, irrespective of their location, so the service should be consistent throughout.

Logitech RMA is insane but I am fed up of visiting the service center once every year for mouse replacement. Now I just buy cheap logitech mouse and change every year. Dell have a mouse with 3 years advance replacement warranty.

I used logitech for a long time starting with mx518, then g600 mmo mouse then g300s and all of them inevitably developed double click issues. i even bought replacement clickers off ebay at one point and fixed them for a while. finally got fed up and bought a Redgear Dragon War Thor ELE-9 mouse for 1k. its been working great for past 3+years since july 2018. im unlikely to go back to logitech

I used logitech for a long time starting with mx518, then g600 mmo mouse then g300s and all of them inevitably developed double click issues. i even bought replacement clickers off ebay at one point and fixed them for a while. finally got fed up and bought a Redgear Dragon War Thor ELE-9 mouse for 1k. its been working great for past 3+years since july 2018. im unlikely to go back to logitech
I think we were in the similar scenario.... A few years ago I used Logitech mice and 3 of them double-clicked. And then even after so many years, this same problem continues...Interestingly, the present 5 year old mouse which I have is also - Dragonwar ELE-G9, except for the size, it is great and almost lightweight (I tweaked it a bit)...
Can you pm me? I need little info from you regarding switches.

I think we were in the similar scenario.... A few years ago I used Logitech mice and 3 of them double-clicked. And then even after so many years, this same problem continues...Interestingly, the present 5 year old mouse which I have is also - Dragonwar ELE-G9, except for the size, it is great and almost lightweight (I tweaked it a bit)...
Can you pm me? I need little info from you regarding switches.
thats quite a coinkydink. my old logi mice are lying around somewhere. just need to find them. the dragonwar is a comfortable fit for me so im happy with it. what did you tweak in your ele-g9?

If you're not looking to get a Logitech, the Steelseries Rival is the next best mainstream alternative. There are some good mice from corsair and asus, but the next best jump would be the Cooler Master MM720 if you're looking for something lightweight.

Back