PC Peripherals Mouse buying advice

Any reason why G402 instead of G102 ? Sure it's higher-end and pricier than G102, but people say G102 has a better sensor than G402 (which is very old).
I am really confused with the G102 vs G402 vs G304 lineup...Every model here has 1 advantage compared to others irrelevant of it's price.
I have had to replace G102 3 times because the double clicks during its warranty period . even orderd its swtiches in Tanotis , soldered it and is working for great for the past year or so. Good sensor but horrible life of the switch

If you're not looking to get a Logitech, the Steelseries Rival is the next best mainstream alternative. There are some good mice from corsair and asus, but the next best jump would be the Cooler Master MM720 if you're looking for something lightweight.
They would be more than 3k, in which case, I thought I could get either MM711 or Pulsefire haste when jumping to that budget...never considered mm720, but will check it out too..thnx

Corsair M55, currently on sale for 2k.
Never heard of this mouse in our forums/subs...will check it out....

I have had to replace G102 3 times because the double clicks during its warranty period . even orderd its swtiches in Tanotis , soldered it and is working for great for the past year or so. Good sensor but horrible life of the switch
I was thinking the same...If the G102 is good enough I have no issues changing switches...I have seen Tanotis and there are multiple models of switches...Can you share link of which switch you have installed?

I was thinking the same...If the G102 is good enough I have no issues changing switches...I have seen Tanotis and there are multiple models of switches...Can you share link of which switch you have installed?
Could not find the link but this is what I found in my mail
1634998156409.png

If you plan to replace the switch manually, a word of advice check the height of the original switch. Mine was a bit shorter after soldering so felt a bit strange initially as there was a bit of play in the click

Could not find the link but this is what I found in my mail
View attachment 117980
If you plan to replace the switch manually, a word of advice check the height of the original switch. Mine was a bit shorter after soldering so felt a bit strange initially as there was a bit of play in the click

Thanks...Found this model after some thorough search...I hope it fits..

Thanks all guys, I will wait for 1 more day and see if any other compelling suggestions come..Or else will go with Logitech G102 as many suggested..

I've been using a g502 for 4 years now and just got an mx master 3 for work. If you can make it last, the g502 is definitely worth it to extend your budget a bit

They would be more than 3k, in which case, I thought I could get either MM711 or Pulsefire haste when jumping to that budget...never considered mm720, but will check it out too..thnx
MM720 is great and unique. It has groove for ring finger and once you get used to it, it will be difficult to use any other mouse.

I've been using a g502 for 4 years now and just got an mx master 3 for work. If you can make it last, the g502 is definitely worth it to extend your budget a bit
Have been using g502 since 2 years. Had double click issue once but they replaced it in 3 days.

Well, it's way more than my budget right now...maybe later if I can afford it, I will definitely consider G502. Thnx for the suggestion.

MM720 is great and unique. It has groove for ring finger and once you get used to it, it will be difficult to use any other mouse.
Well, I saw the reviews and heard good things. But most reviews suggested that it's just MM711 in a different shape and the shape is more like a hit or miss..If we like the shape, it's the best, if not it's the worst.
I wish we could experience mice in stores, that way we can understand which one suits us better.

Kailh GM switches are available locally 160 bucks so if you are DIY'er just get those and replace.
Is it from rectangles?

I would suggest Logitech G 304
I have both Logitech G 304 & Logitech G 604 somehow I feel 304 is perfect
I was confused between G304 or G102, as both are almost same shape but just wireless difference. But both have double click issues.
The only reason I felt G102 is better, is, it is easy to open and change switches in G102. Just open, there is a PCB, remove screws, and de-solder+solder.
But in G304, there is too much stuff going on and to get to the switches it takes too many steps and I'm not an advanced person in such diy's. I might mess it up.

Back