Mouse not holding left click..is it fixable?

Yes I have observed that Logitech Mice seems to be developing issues after 1.5 - 2 years of regular usage. This M570 which went bad after it was replaced in Aug 2020 or so. See below my earlier thread from back in Aug 2020 where my M570 mice was going bad and then I replaced with the one I was using until yesterday.

For me and most of the people its exactly at or just after 3 yrs..

For me and most of the people its exactly at or just after 3 yrs..
My G102 gave up left click after 6-8 months. Developed double clicking and scroll issues too. I was too busy to get it replaced, cleaned it myself and fixed it but it was an on and off issue. Later replaced the switch but scroll wheel was still an issue it frustrated me a lot and the body/screw holes had already been worn off due to disassembling often so I broke it in half and threw it away.
Later I came to know a good jugaad for scroll wheel issue and applied it on a couple mice and a Deathadder Elite I got from FS section which had both the issues, working fine since. I'm kinda confident now I can fix double clicking and scroll issues in most mice hopefully.

My dell has started giving me issues after 5 yrs that too I dropped it on numerous occasions.
HP is my best bet for mouse which lasted me 7+ years twice. Dell comes second 5+. Logitech 2-3.5yrs. Iball and crap ram bharose..

Last edited:
Most definitely you can. It'll clean that shit out.

Clean that copper plate and the contact points on the switch itself using a toothbrush and IPA. Don't try bend it as shown in the video, that bit can go wrong and you generally don't need to do that.
If you don't have IPA you can even use normal hand sanitizer as well but has to be runny and not gel based. Just make sure to dry everything up.

I had done that for my Logitech MX Anywhere 2 in the past. It feels fine for a while but doesn't hold up very well. I have just given up on Logitech with its cheap Chinese Omron switches that are designed to fail just after the reduced warranty period of 1 year ends.

Only option is to get a mouse with the Japanese Omron switches or even the optical ones.
But changing switches require soldering and all right? I don't think I can do that.
That is the reason I switched to Asus which has user replaceable socket switches.

My G102 gave up left click after 6-8 months. Developed double clicking and scroll issues too. I was too busy to get it replaced, cleaned it myself and fixed it but it was an on and off issue. Later replaced the switch but scroll wheel was still an issue it frustrated me a lot and the body/screw holes had already been worn off due to disassembling often so I broke it in half and threw it away.
Later I came to know a good jugaad for scroll wheel issue and applied it on a couple mice and a Deathadder Elite I got from FS section which had both the issues, working fine since. I'm kinda confident now I can fix double clicking and scroll issues in most mice hopefully.
How do you fix the mouse scroll issue ? Any link or advice. I have 2-3 mouse and the scroll wheel is the first thing to die on me. Otherwise everything else. There is one which have listed for the giveaway too.

Would love if the scroll is fixed, then it will become fully functional mouse.

How do you fix the mouse scroll issue ? Any link or advice.
Yes, sure.

This helped me and I was amazed with the result. The guy explains the reason behind it too which makes me believe it's due to the wear and tear of the mechanical part. Do clean the encoder with alcohol first to do a thorough job.

Yes, sure.

This helped me and I was amazed with the result. The guy explains the reason behind it too which makes me believe it's due to the wear and tear of the mechanical part. Do clean the encoder with alcohol first to do a thorough job.
Seems pretty easy job.

Last edited:
Asus ROG Keris Wired RGB Gaming Mouse
Withdrawn as I managed to fix the mouse wheel later in the day. I was not opening it initially due to the warranty but eventually opened it up after posting this thread. The mouse is extremely simple to repair. Appreciate Asus' decision on making it so simple to replace the switch and also completely dismantle the mouse without even damaging the mouse feet, in sharp contrast to Logitech mice.

For anyone else, it seems the mouse wheel jumping was caused by the mouse wheel support not making complete contact with the sensor that detects the rotation. Padding the support with tape resolved the issue for me.

Last edited:
Most definitely you can. It'll clean that shit out.

Clean that copper plate and the contact points on the switch itself using a toothbrush and IPA. Don't try bend it as shown in the video, that bit can go wrong and you generally don't need to do that.
If you don't have IPA you can even use normal hand sanitizer as well but has to be runny and not gel based. Just make sure to dry everything up.

Thanks for sharing the video, it was the fix I needed!

My dell has started giving me issues after 5 yrs that too I dropped it on numerous occasions.
HP is my best bet for mouse which lasted me 7+ years twice. Dell comes second 5+. Logitech 2-3.5yrs. Iball and crap ram bharose..
any one have Logitech type GREEN & INVISIBLE SENSOR?

Back