PC Peripherals Mouse pad under 1K?

KernelPanic

Disciple
Hi
<

I'm looking for a mouse pad under under 1K. I do a very little gaming (only CS 1.6 once a week or so).

Firstly, would a medium size mouse pad be enough or a big/oversized pad is necessary?

Would one of the following mouse pads be good enough?
  • Razer Goliathus comes in 2 versions, Control & Speed. Which one to go for? (I play on high sensitivity settings)
  • SteelSeries Mass (I've read that it is basically a dust magnet, is that true?)
  • Roccat Taito (Don't know much about it)

Any other recommendation?

I'm more inclined towards getting a plain surface mouse pad (last 2) as opposed to one with art (i.e. Razer). But it isn't much critical factor.

Another question, should I buy a new one or a used mouse pad (in good condition) would work too?

By the way, I'm also looking for Logitech G400, any good deal on that?
<

Thanks
<

Hi
<

I'm looking for a mouse pad under under 1K. I do a very little gaming (only CS 1.6 once a week or so).

Firstly, would a medium size mouse pad be enough or a big/oversized pad is necessary?

Would one of the following mouse pads be good enough?
  • Razer Goliathus comes in 2 versions, Control & Speed. Which one to go for? (I play on high sensitivity settings)
  • SteelSeries Mass (I've read that it is basically a dust magnet, is that true?)
  • Roccat Taito (Don't know much about it)

Any other recommendation?

I'm more inclined towards getting a plain surface mouse pad (last 2) as opposed to one with art (i.e. Razer). But it isn't much critical factor.

Another question, should I buy a new one or a used mouse pad (in good condition) would work too?

By the way, I'm also looking for Logitech G400, any good deal on that?
<

Thanks
<

You can use the Rantopad H1 / H3 ~300/- -- 450/- line-up.

OR Razer Goliathus [M / L] ~600/- OR 1100/- [try to get the Control edition, it is cheaper and performs well]

OR Roccat Sense [L] ~1200/- [really good Speed edition mat]

OR Roccat Taito [L] ~1300/-

OR SteelSeries QcK Mass [S / M] ~500/- OR 900/- [I did not enjoy this mat at all]

Even Cooler Master has released some spiffy looking mousepads, do check them out here --> http://www.theitware...s-c-39_113.html.

The Logitech G400 ~1700/- http://www.bit-tech....h-g400-review/1, look at its younger sibling --> the Logitech G300 ~1300/- http://www.techencla...ch-g300-review/.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Well haven't had any experience with Roccat sense but since you're recommending it then it is over Goliathus.

Thanks for the reply guys.
<

I just looked at the dimensions, it seems the small one would be enough for me. My PC table is already cluttered with other things. I don't think the medium one would fit in there. Besides 27cm x 21cm isn't small at all for a user who has only used regular mouse pads so far
<

Just talked to my friend, he'll also be getting one. I've decided to go for 2 different mouse pads, so that we can check the difference. So, kindly advice me will these two be good choice?

Razer Goliathus

CM Storm (Are they good?)

Any other recommendation over these? Or any reason not to go for it? Razer one is fixed, but I could get some other for the CM Storm.

CM doesn't come with warranty though. By the way, what exactly is covered under warranty for mouse pads?

Regarding mouse, I like G400, so will be going for it. Plus, a Deathadder for my friend. Will see if I could get a better deal if purchased these 4 items collectively.

#ALPHA17

#Jakob

Thanks for the reply guys.
<

I just looked at the dimensions, it seems the small one would be enough for me. My PC table is already cluttered with other things. I don't think the medium one would fit in there. Besides 27cm x 21cm isn't small at all for a user who has only used regular mouse pads so far
<

Just talked to my friend, he'll also be getting one. I've decided to go for 2 different mouse pads, so that we can check the difference. So, kindly advice me will these two be good choice?

Razer Goliathus

CM Storm (Are they good?)

Cooler master is a reliable company and their mousepads are pretty decent. I have not used one, between the Razer Goliathus Control and the Cooler Master Battle Pad [Speed] --> I chose the Razer Goliathus Control [L]. Also CM had just released these products and they were a little pricey. But surface finish was good.

Also if you want to buy a Speed type mouse surface, seriously consider the Roccat Sense, it beats all other competitors flat. And the finish on the Sense is the best I have seen in any mouse surface, only con is that I have only seen it in Large format when my friend bought it, a year back.

CM doesn't come with warranty though. By the way, what exactly is covered under warranty for mouse pads?

Never needed warranty for my mousepad, did not even know that mousepads came with warranty.

Regarding mouse, I like G400, so will be going for it. Plus, a Deathadder for my friend. Will see if I could get a better deal if purchased these 4 items collectively.

Instead of going for a DeathAdder please tell your friend to go for the Logitech G400 OR Corsair M60 Vengeance [priced ~2700/- +] as the DeathAdder has faced a lot of flak for shoddy build quality.

Also the warranty offered by Razer is 1 year + 1 year direct contact [in case your mouse is dead you will have to contact Razer directly], while in the case of Logitech as well as Corsair it is direct 3 years warranty provided by company [just submit it any RMA service centre and they will take care of the rest].

Corsair Vengeance M60 Reviews --> http://xsreviews.co....-vengeance-m60/ / http://www.kitguru.n...g-mouse-review/.

Deathadder is a tricky choice,i would suggest op to keep away from it as many users have faced a left click issues,as suggested above go for Corsair M60 OR G400,as for mousepad Goliathus and Roccat sense would be two great choices.

Just received my Goliathus from Flipkart. Had to tweak the mouse sensitivity a bit but after the initial getting used to period (5min) , i'm already loving it.

I have not managed to get used to any mouse pad , bought a Steelseries SK edition , razor goliathus frag edition but still am using my Steelseries Qck heavy
<

However i liked my friends Cooler Master pad very much

I take that CM mouse pad is speed one? Does it also come with Control version?

Can anyone tell me what is the major difference between speed & control type mouse pads? Like I said earlier, I like to play on high sensitivity, if that helps to determine which one to go for?

Roccat Sense doesn't seem to be an option for me, as it only comes in large size. But Roccat Taito does come in three sizes. So, I think I've to choose the second one from CM Battle Pad or Roccat Taito

Hmm, thanks for the Deathadder advice. I'll let my friend know about the Deathadder issues & M60 option, may be he will re-consider his choice.

[font=arial, sans-serif]#ALPHA17[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]#Jakob [/font]

#dhruvrock2000

Is it Speed or Control version?

#fLUX

Did you personally used the CM by playing some game for some time?

I take that CM mouse pad is speed one? Does it also come with Control version?

Not sure about this Sire, you will have to look into that yourself. Most mats which have a speed edition have a corresponding control edition, atleast this is the case with Razer Goliathus mouse mats.

Roccat though has different lines for Speed and Control edition -

Roccat Sense [Speed edition]

Roccat Taito [Control edition / balance]

Can anyone tell me what is the major difference between speed & control type mouse pads? Like I said earlier, I like to play on high sensitivity, if that helps to determine which one to go for?

Speed edition mats have very low resistance to movement of the mouse on their surface, the Roccat Sense had such a slick surface that the initial few weeks I was grappling on how to control my Razer Salmosa properly on it. Eventually I learnt to compensate for the slick surface, on the contrary a Control edition mat [for example Razer Goliathus] has a better weave that allows the mouse sensor to track movement effectively.

Speed mats can be coupled with low sensitivity mice and you will realise the mouse is easier to manoeuvre at that cost of great physical movement of the mouse itself.

The Control edition mats on the contrary do not enhance your experience by movement, but by tracking better they allow the user to make short, flicks that allow a medium OR high sensitivity mouse to reach any part of the screen with lesser hand movement.

I think you should go for a control edition mat of medium size.

Roccat Sense doesn't seem to be an option for me, as it only comes in large size. But Roccat Taito does come in three sizes. So, I think I've to choose the second one from CM Battle Pad or Roccat Taito

Hope this answers your query, Cheers!!

Hope this answers your query, Cheers!!

Thanks a lot for such a detailed explanation. That definitely helped.

I guess I'll go with Roccat Taito then & my friend will need a speed version, because he like to play with low sensitivity & more physical mouse movement.
<

While I'm waiting on the quote from the dealer. I just checked Deathadder mouse & it felt quite big in my hands, as I'm used to claw grip. So, my question is, whether the G400 is of similar size as the Deathadder or is it somewhat smaller than it? Does it also require palm rest usage? From your review, G300 seems like a claw grip type mouse, but I don't like the looks of that mouse, that's why I wanted a G400 instead.
<

I guess I'll go with Roccat Taito then & my friend will need a speed version, because he like to play with low sensitivity & more physical mouse movement.
<

While I'm waiting on the quote from the dealer. I just checked Deathadder mouse & it felt quite big in my hands, as I'm used to claw grip. So, my question is, whether the G400 is of similar size as the Deathadder or is it somewhat smaller than it? Does it also require palm rest usage? From your review, G300 seems like a claw grip type mouse, but I don't like the looks of that mouse, that's why I wanted a G400 instead.
<

The Logitech G400 is a clear-cut palm grip FPS mouse, it is a good mouse [traces its lineage to Logitech MX 518], it is about the same size as the Razer Death Adder with a slightly subdued hump.

The G300 is not a looker and may look ugly, but it is a very well designed mouse and one of the best claw / grip mice I have used.

Other options for you will be --

Cooler Master Spawn ~2200/- http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-spawn-mouse/p/itmdy3rghdu55qyk?pid=ACCDY3RGMFM38ZZS&_l=j9Xfifej1tnSUjNow6B3Vw--&_r=pXZhkWlBZFXO33_S9Y1k+w--&ref=10239dfd-142e-46a3-9812-875c84bc0e1c

Razer Salmosa [Asian edition] ~600/-

Razer Abyssuss ~1200/-

G400 is a palm grip mouse for a comparison between that and deathadder #chiragsthakur might be able to help as he is using one.Although here is little image comparison

1752252624.jpg

<

<

#KernelPanic

Yes i have played personally with a CM Storm mpad , but not with my mouse but with my friends Sensei. Those two were like match made in heaven for each other , never felt better while using a mousepad for a particular mouse. It was neither too smooth nor too rough just about the perfect feel of movement with the Sensei.

I would recommend you to go for the Mass , because its very thick , i like the surface pretty much of mass and heavy (even though steelseries claims all surface as same of qck+ , heavy and special editions i never felt so) . Best mousepad for a game like CS 1.6 i feel.

DA is a big NO NO for claw grip users... Neither is G400 a claw grip mouse... DA feels big coz of that hump it has, and its really comfortable for palm grip users like me.. Clicks of G400 can be reached out easily than DA if our hand is small.

So for you G400 is better

Why dont you check steelseries Kinzu

I just checked Deathadder mouse & it felt quite big in my hands, as I'm used to claw grip. So, my question is, whether the G400 is of similar size as the Deathadder or is it somewhat smaller than it? Does it also require palm rest usage? From your review, G300 seems like a claw grip type mouse, but I don't like the looks of that mouse, that's why I wanted a G400 instead.
<

Back