Movie Organiser software suggestions

Hello!

thanks to my growing Movie collection, I need to move up from the regular text file of names..

Anyone got any suggestions for any simple/decent movie organiser??
:)

there are lots of movie catalog softwares(google it)or else in case u want to catalog movies stored on your dvd you can use win catalog.

Thanks.. just trying out Amc.. seems neat..

however.. is there a app that can save the file locations too along with the info about the movie??

but to be honest its too much of a hassle to use it everyday.

I would agree... that's about how I feel about, far too much information. I would also love to try something a little leaner. (but I also need file locations as well, so Ant movie won't work for me either :) )

I would say, use something like dirlister to keep track of files. Use AMC to track movies and retrive info from IMDB etc. Much easier that way!

What I would suggest is to make a listing with Dirlister, and input the path in an available field (e.g. Media Label or Source) in AMC.

I use free Movienizer. It's really a decent full-featured movie organizer.
I use it for more than a year and love it. This program automatically downloads information about movies and artists from databases like IMDb.com., Amazon.com and others.

I use KavaMovies on my Hackintosh.. Its the best I've seen so far..

What you need to do is just browse and show your movie folder to KavaMovies and it'll do the rest.

It'll not only download DVD Covers for all your movies but also info like Year, Genres, Keywords, Languages, Release Date, Rating, Runtime, Plot, Cast, etc..

It also lets you add your additional personal info in it like Format of movie, the date you've seen the movie, where have you seen the movie, YOUR Rating, your comments,etc..

Moreover, it also lets you organize your movies in categories like "Want to see, Don't want to see, Seen it, Haven't seen it, Got it, Haven't Got it". :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

And all this info is stored in a file..

mihirpradhan204 said:
I use KavaMovies on my Hackintosh.. Its the best I've seen so far..
What you need to do is just browse and show your movie folder to KavaMovies and it'll do the rest.
It'll not only download DVD Covers for all your movies but also info like Year, Genres, Keywords, Languages, Release Date, Rating, Runtime, Plot, Cast, etc..
It also lets you add your additional personal info in it like Format of movie, the date you've seen the movie, where have you seen the movie, YOUR Rating, your comments,etc..
Moreover, it also lets you organize your movies in categories like "Want to see, Don't want to see, Seen it, Haven't seen it, Got it, Haven't Got it". :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
And all this info is stored in a file..

This seems what I have been looking for. Something like a winamp for Music, but its for MaC....any suitable counterprofile for windows!

You all should try metabrowser.

meta<browser/>

Its easy, no issues, and rightclick on the movie name to navigate to the folder. Its as simple as that. It even cleans up the name like dvdrip.blah blah.avi to movie name.avi

meta browser seems to be too much of hard work, i loved media browser for its simplicity, automation and ease of interface integration with Windows 7, pity its just meant for vista and win7, is there anything like media browser for Win XP??

Back