Mozilla Firefox 7 Final Version Has Been Released

@ linuxtechie

Try FF7... You would definately like it... The things thats been holding me back from completely switching from FF to chrome are that FF has better download manager, better addons and simple user interface to clean the cookies and other remnants... Plus for opening personel sites like FB , yahoomail and axis bank site i use FF coz i trust FF more... Chome sends user information to its server...

Is cache problem is sorted in ff7,you see all the folders in cache of ff6 it would be better if ff7 has that fixed.

I am still using firefox because I feel more secure while doing online transactions on firefox. They should stop such tricks of bumping the version number every 6 weeks. Most of the users of firefox are technically more informed than the user of IE, so don't understand how this version trick helps them.

Issue discovered with Firefox add-on upgrades

Update (Sept. 29 3:45pm Pacific): A new update for Firefox that fixes this issue is now available, and all users are encouraged to update to the latest version from within the Firefox About window or by downloading from mozilla.org/firefox.

We’ve identified an issue in which some users may have one or more of their add-ons hidden after upgrading to the latest Firefox version, affecting both desktop and mobile. These add-ons and their data are still intact and haven’t actually been removed. We paused new updates to Firefox to minimize the potential impact on users and will soon release an update to fix this issue and ensure all your add-ons are visible and usable. In the meantime, if you notice an add-on missing entirely from the Add-ons Manager, you can use a simple workaround to recover them.

We are working hard to resolve this issue. We know how important add-ons are to you and apologize for the inconvenience.

Justin Scott, on behalf of the Firefox Add-ons team

Issue discovered with Firefox add-on upgrades | Mozilla Add-ons Blog

ff7 did have a problem like addon of of orbit downloader don't work in it which use to help me download videos from YouTube without any problem :( and was the best way to do that for me :mad:

now lets see what does the 7.0.1 beings in :)

There is really no need to use any orbit dowloader or something to download videos from youtube... just head to addons.mozilla.com and install videodownloadhelper extension by using this extension you can download videos from several sites...

Hades. said:
There is really no need to use any orbit dowloader or something to download videos from youtube... just head to addons.mozilla.com and install videodownloadhelper extension by using this extension you can download videos from several sites...

+1 to hades idea, it not only works with youtube, but also with some *cough* sites too.

Link:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Hades. said:

Yup works great with all websites for videos and audio too.

Btw, Chrome has a Google plugin for Youtube. There's an option that comes up for downloading right beneath the video being played.

^^ You are talking about videodownloadhelper or orbit downloader? :S Prince there is also flashgot plugin which can help you to download videos from many sites...

Hades. said:
^^ You are talking about videodownloadhelper or orbit downloader? :S Prince there is also flashgot plugin which can help you to download videos from many sites...

I was talking about video download helper.

Back