MSI 5850 crossfire OC edition

guys i need some help i need to know how to desable Vsync in ME2

it gives me 60 fps but i wanna know how much more i can get

any1 knows how to disable it?

@paraskhosla:

Before gaming, and checking for FPS, please check that the slave card is even kicking in and being stressed. 5xxx series are still facing issues due to the drivers maturing. Keep the setting ON, so the XfireX icon appears on the top right hand of your screen. Xfire is tricky to get to work, but great once it kicks in. Would suggest the following:

1. Install RivaTuner, and choose the GPU 0,1 Usage% option. Leave it running in the background (or minimize it). Run 3D Vantage, and play some games. Then review the usage.

2. Stress your system. Using OCCT/Furmark.

3. Though both your cards are exact, verify that all engine/memory speeds are exact matched.

4. Evaluate temperatures.

Also for your knowledge, regarding cross fire bridges. I tried the following combinations:

1. One bridge first bank.

2. One bridge second bank.

3. Two bridges on both banks.

I did this with the motherboard Xfire bridge, and the GPU bundles bridges. There was no difference in performance. Again this is a debatable school of thought. You can google "how many cross fire bridges". You will see mixed reviews/suggestions.

Enjoy the Xfire. Way to go...! Congratulations. Also if you get time, post some benchmark results of Vantage, and Warhead Benchmarking tool. RE5 if you got it. Would be nice to see the power of your system.

^^ thanks dude but i usually dont bench anything coz i get very limited time for gaming so wanna use that time fullest

also when i game both the cards temps rise and fall so i assume both are working

drivers iam using is 10.2 + 10.2 hotfix for ME2

madnav said:
^^ yes i can see the bridge.. but only 1..

you get one bridge with each card..

there are two connectors on each card.

and you need to use both bridges is what i mean

see this:

One bridge is enough for a two card crossfire. I think the second crossfire connector is for the 3 card crossfire. I have been using my 4850's in Crossfire mode using a single bridge.

^^ yah ur right but whats the problem in installing another bridge took me 1 sec lols

also guys this setup is very good

iam getting 100+ fps in L4D2 with 8AA and 16AF everything max

also iam playing 16 VS in which 5870 gave me max 70 fps and my fps dropped to 30-40 mostly

amazing cards

^^ thanks dude this card is actually better than 5870 (mostly on par with it with minor difference)

the thing is that the card is OCed and now iam getting crazy fps in all games

iam at 16AA and fps goes like to 100+ in 90% of the games lols

hey buddy,

Awsome purchases there :)..... congrats..........now u have a setup which should match the 5970 in raw performance figures.........only thing remaining is get a couple of monitors and use the power of those beasts for EYEFINITY :D..........it would be legendary LOL

Back