Graphic Cards MSI GeForce 6600 (256 MB, DDR2); as good or better than XFX?

you've written 256 MB, DDR3. So im guessing its a GT card then beacuse AFAIK no 6600 vanilla comes with DDR3. 8.8k then is a decent price for it in Guwahati because the same costs 8.3k here in bangalore(checked yesterday, 6600 GT 256 MB that is)

I always assumed it was a 6600 vanilla :) . I will check it out tomorrow. Maybe I can get a 128 MB 6600GT for 8K :D .

My local computer guy couldn't get the MSI card. Says that only the DDR and DDR3 version are available (256 MB, XFX).

He also says that the 250 GB Sata is unavailable and is pushing me to go for the 300 GB for Rs 6200/-. I think he is lying cause 250 GB cost only 4700/-. I have already paid him an advance and the cpu, mobo, RAM, cabinet, dvd-rw is lying in his office. I am stuck with him since he promise to pay me 6k for my old parts. Anyway, I have given him time till tomorrow to get the card and harddrive, otherwise I'll look for these myself.

^^Thats clocked at 500/1000 meaning GT speeds. Why in God's name do they then decide to name it "XFX GeForce 6600 128MB DDR3 Extreme Gamer Edition" :S Well check the card then, the specs will be on the box. If its a GT then go for it, otherwise its too high.

andysmith45 said:
The DDR2 version of XFX GeForce 6600 is not available in my city (DDR & DDR3 are available). Should I go for the MSI one? It cost about 150/- more (Rs 7300/-). Thx.
Well I think 150 bucks more for an MSI based on what you've said is a fair deal, in fact all else constant, if an MSI was priced even .5K more than an XFX I'd buy it... Its a matter of brand trust for me. XFX seems to have improved a lot, but the once bitten twice shy rears its noggin here...
anyways brands like asus, gigabyte and msi make excellent cards, being top mobo vendors adds to their credibility

Back