CPU/Mobo MSI K8N Neo2-F/Platinum

TechHead

ex-Mod
ANyone used this mobo? Is it even available in India? It is S-939 with AGP support, which is important for me as I intend to retain my (faulty!!) 9800Pro AGP card.

i m using the board myself (neo2 plat)..no complaints so far. got it from darky and stalkersoftware here is using the same board as well . dont think you should have problems getting this board.

I had this motherboard.
Gave me soo many problems that i ended up returning and got A8V.
I did not liked it when i had it.
It was too unstable.
Aparantly the early bios versions had many problems, specially sata problems. It seems to be sorted out with latest bios revisions but I cant confirm.

funkymonkey said:
I had this motherboard.
Gave me soo many problems that i ended up returning and got A8V.
I did not liked it when i had it.
It was too unstable.
Aparantly the early bios versions had many problems, specially sata problems. It seems to be sorted out with latest bios revisions but I cant confirm.
SATA problems all existed on all NF3 boards if you connect the drives on the two sata ports that are controlled by the external marvell physical layer chip(the two ports far away from the AGP slot) as they get unstable at any HTT greater than 250. The other two use the internal physical layer and SATA shouldn't have a problem. I read Oskar Wu's post on DFI street which said this. Atleast thats how my DFI board's ports work and if I've not mistaken, MSI neo (and neo2) platinum boards used the same chip.

TechHead said:
Getting it replaced under warranty.

Bottle.. how expensive?
9k thereabouts , just use the sata port 1 and 2 (which are next to the cpu socket) as chaos suggested

not sure , check locally or maybe darky can ask his dealer and send it to you or something..

Back