Graphic Cards MSI NF4 ... no SLI with 7800 GTX

Rahul

Skilled

:oops:

here are the links THIS is on the MSI forum....... and THIS
one on the extremesystems ...... anyways see the last post in the xtremesystem it confirms that it won't fit in the MSI K8N SLI .....

Holy smoke !! Is that a nVidia reference card ? If so, ppl. r gonna have probs using a XFX on this mobo coz' their card layout is similar to nVidia reference cards.

rahul if you got that pic from a site , please avoid linking to the image directly as we would be leeching their bandwidth. upload to image hosting site like image shack or attach it to your post

its another forum from where the pic was posted can i put that link here ...... actually that is also a forum so i am little confused that it will be right or not :)

rahul3111 posted 2.27 minutes later:

bottle said:
rahul if you got that pic from a site , please avoid linking to the image directly as we would be leeching their bandwidth. upload to image hosting site like image shack or attach it to your post

oops will do that now ..... anyways can u do that if u want i can give u a link of that pic ....... actually i can't edit that now :mad: ....... after looking at that pic i just it here in a jiffy ....... sorry ...:)

imageshacked.. if you have the source, post and i ll add it to the first post as well

ya thats a nvidia referenc card and it seems from the posts that K8N SLI can take that card ....... anyways its only the molex connector not the heatsink .....so that can be cut and some insulation tape willl do ..... but who wants to cut a molex in the 7800GTX ...... :)

rahul3111 posted 3.32 minutes later:

here are the links THIS is on the MSI forum....... and THIS
one on the extremesystems ...... anyways see the last post in the xtremesystem it confirms that it won't fit in the MSI K8N SLI .....

That is really sad.... but my guess is that MSI's newer boards will be corrected. They HAVE to be..... No one would buy it otherwise......

Related from HERE
#1 GeForce 7800GTX Graphic Cards Official Statement

MSI K8N Diamond motherboard is one of the top products in terms of upgrading system performance and specification capacity. At the same time, it is highly compatible with all kinds of SLI graphics cards – including Nvidia’s top GeForce 6800Ultra graphics card. This motherboard allows user to install two graphic cards and run on SLI mode.

Recently, it was discovered that when running SLI mode (dual graphics cards) on MSI K8N Diamond motherboard, the heatsink fan connector of the second graphics card will interfere with one of the capacitors on the motherboard. Based on MSI tests, there should be no problem for MSI K8N Diamond motherboard to run the SLI mode, but the capacitor does interfere with the heatsink fan connector of the second graphics card.

It has been more than six months since MSI K8N Diamond motherboard was launched. During the design stage, all related circuit board layout design guidelines and rules were completely followed. Therefore, this issue is not caused by any design flaws nor manufacturing negligence. Instead, it is an installation issue caused by the graphics card manufacturer’s miscalculation when designing the fan power on the graphics card to work with motherboards already existing in the market. Nvidia has already been informed to take action to correct the problem. According to Nvidia, they will fix this problem in the next version of GeForce 7800GTX graphics card.

For now, though there are only a limited number of users running SLI mode on MSI K8N Diamond motherboard with two GeForce 7800GTX graphics cards installed. MSI has considered possible issues that might occur in the future and the solution is ready. Starting mid-June, all K8N Diamond motherboards will no longer have this concern. It has been tested that reducing the capacitor’s height located beside the second PCI-Express 16x slot will resolve this issue.

MSI will also provides free service to replace the capacitors for existing MSI K8N Diamond motherboard users who need to run two GeForce 7800GTX graphics cards. These users only need to bring or send the motherboard to any MSI service station in their country or region. MSI will replace the capacitor and send it back for free. Currently, this service has no time limit. If users should encounter the same problem again when upgrading graphics card within the warranty period, MSI will replace the capacitor free of charge.

Of course, MSI K8N Diamond motherboard can still work properly even without replacing the capacitor. Users installing other graphics card and running SLI mode on MSI K8N Diamond motherboard will not encounter this kind of installation problem. Nvidia will fix this capacitor interference problem and will release a new version of GeForce 7800 GTX. In other words, even if user does not have the capacitor replaced, is using other graphics card, or planning to buy two GeForce 7800 GTX graphics cards to run SLI mode, this installation problem will not happen again.

MSI will continue to provide better products and after-sales services for all MSI and MSI Diamond motherboard supporters. From now on, in case this kind of problem (even if it is not MSI’s fault) happens again and affects users’ rights, MSI will definitely provide reasonable after-sales services to improve user-experience and environment. Thank you!
If you need more product information, please contact marketing@msi.com.tw
Information in this publication is subject to change without notice. MSI shall not be liable for technical, pictorial or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.

Good that MSI is taking action to avoid ppl having to dump the K8N Diamond board cos its a really sweet board other than the low vDIMM.

all test on 7800GTX were done onto the ASUS board it self ....... and some insider told me that MSi is also chking its 7800GTX on ASUS boards ....... hehe

Back