Laptops MSI X340 Slim Laptop 13" LED Screen Win7 20.7k shipped

MSI X340 ULV ultraportable for 22K

eBay India: MSI X340 Slim Laptop 13" LED Screen Win7 HomeB WiFi CAM (item 370308497427 end time 17-Jan-2010 15:27:32 IST)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone from Mumbai inquired about this deal.
The seller has posted his number, i spoke to him and initial impression was positive. He said its avail in only black color and is box packed so cannot verify if any other colors are avail.

He is a ebay power seller and has some 3000 odd feedback, and has 100% positive feedback score.

The deal is too tempting and i know there is a post somewhere on TE about the same deal.

I was wondering if the 6-month interest free EMI option for ICICI bank card holders is a safe bet too, your first EMI is about 3.5K

I'd like to discuss the possible issues, problems and risks in this deal.

Re: MSI X340 ULV ultraportable for 22K

Wasp said:
eBay India: MSI X340 Slim Laptop 13" LED Screen Win7 HomeB WiFi CAM (item 370308497427 end time 17-Jan-2010 15:27:32 IST)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone from Mumbai inquired about this deal.
The seller has posted his number, i spoke to him and initial impression was positive. He said its avail in only black color and is box packed so cannot verify if any other colors are avail.

He is a ebay power seller and has some 3000 odd feedback, and has 100% positive feedback score.

The deal is too tempting and i know there is a post somewhere on TE about the same deal.

I was wondering if the 6-month interest free EMI option for ICICI bank card holders is a safe bet too, your first EMI is about 3.5K

I'd like to discuss the possible issues, problems and risks in this deal.

Nice deal....I think same laptop is now available at Croma for 24K. You can also check if the MSI distributor zebronics is ready to match the price.

Re: MSI X340 ULV ultraportable for 22K

Based on the online reviews, I would suggest you personally check how good is the laptop by using it for a few minutes. As mentioned in the other thread, there are serious problems with build quality of keyboard and touchpad along with its 4cell battery giving very less battery life.

Other than that, I don't find anything wrong with the dealer or ICICI card EMI option. But, please don't get lured by the price of the laptop. Check it personally and then only decide whether it suits your purpose.

This has been put into deal of week for 20.7k shipped with 2 year warranty !
Folks this looks like a deal really subject to being good for usage.
There is an exclusive MSI laptop showroom
Sun Computer
302, Eros Apt, 56 Nehru Pl. New Delhi
Amit 9873726388

can some one go and really have look at thi & if 8 ell batt. option is available- ths would be a unbeatble deal.

@vijayshimla, Can't get this one out of your mind? :bleh:

Anyway, there are reports that the flexing in the keyboard was rectified to a lot of extent in later models of X340. That was also the time they introduced the 8-cell battery. I contacted the Ebay seller, and he also does not have any idea about keyboard flex. So, if the model Ebay has listed is the one with keyboard flex removed, then the deal is still very good.

^^ ha ha! But who will bite the bullet? I am sure as soon as someone gives a positive review about its keyboard/touchpad, there will be 10 people ordering it straightway.

Purchased it today- what with the Season Offer- Under which I opted for Philips Speaker Dock - looks a deal- rest when the notebook reaches me. N,ways nothing much one can get for 20k these days in slim lappys with windows 7 bundled in. Have also located the MSI Sales Manager in Delhi, who says he can get me 8 cell battery if needed-on order in 2-3 weeks. Will see if the 4 cell battery gives about 2-1/2 Hrs, will manage in this.

^^ ha ha! But who will bite the bullet? I am sure as soon as someone gives a positive review about its keyboard/touchpad, there will be 10 people ordering it straightway.

I checked it out in Croma and the keyboard is absoluytely ok. Just thats its not that sturdy. But it felt better than my MSI Wind which I had :)....all in all a great buy @ 20.7k :D

@Supra, that's great to hear. That makes this heck of a deal.

@vijayshimla, Congrats on the purchase. I hope it turns out better than our expectations. We will wait for fedback on overall experience you have with this lappy.

vijayshimla said:
Purchased it today- what with the Season Offer- Under which I opted for Philips Speaker Dock - looks a deal- rest when the notebook reaches me. N,ways nothing much one can get for 20k these days in slim lappys with windows 7 bundled in. Have also located the MSI Sales Manager in Delhi, who says he can get me 8 cell battery if needed-on order in 2-3 weeks. Will see if the 4 cell battery gives about 2-1/2 Hrs, will manage in this.

congrats !!:)

waiting for ur review...

its win7 starter edition right....?

Could u share the price and dealer details for 8cell battery ? as I might take the jump

Saw it in Chroma. Its win 7 basic, NOT starter. Build quality didnt feel very good too. In fact the cheaper net books from Acer/HP/Lenovo/Asus all of them have much better build quality. They are asking for 24k for it.

techie_007 said:
Saw it in Chroma. Its win 7 basic, NOT starter. Build quality didnt feel very good too. In fact the cheaper net books from Acer/HP/Lenovo/Asus all of them have much better build quality. They are asking for 24k for it.

So for 20K u saying netbook better than this ? I've heard the proccy is much better than atom ofcourse. Techie, if u have 20k whr will u spend ? netbook or this ?

or maybe netbook, just coz majority are purchasing it ?

My MSI X340 Slim Laptop 13" LED Screen Win7 - has been shipped today, the seller says, should get it by 30th. Keeping fingers crossed ! and will post a view.
This seems to be quite popular on ebay- seller has sold 28 of these in quick time!
BTW, 8 cell batt is $ 70 shipped to India.

Just ordered mine, guys. I actually checked the laptop at Croma and the keyboard was just fine. And the build quality wasn't bad at all. It was selling for 24k there. And it only carried 1yr warranty whereas this ebay one carries 2years. If I were to buy a laptop around 24k, I would have paid extra 4k and opted for Dell studio instead (obviously for better config and cell batteries). But because this deal slashes almost 4k, I think this one suits my needs best.

I think anyone who's looking to buy something better than a netbook, go for this. Or at least I wouldn't recommend anyone to pass this just for its keyboard issue, which like I said isn't true.

Hope to get it soon and then I can probably write more about it. Just thought I should update ya'll since it's last day today. Oh and it comes preloaded with Windows 7 Home basic, not starter.

By the way, in the Q&A the seller said he'd provide product key in case of os failure, etc. So we can use that key for future installation. But where would I get the installer from? He said he won't be providing any CD of Windows 7. So I am kinda confused. :S

Got mine yesterday. :hap2:

Pics posted here.

I am loving the laptop. Nothing better than having a laptop on lap without too much weight and bulk. :)

hp-india said:
^^ You can safely download the OEM iso of Windows 7 and use your serial key for activation.

OK cool Thanks!

Back