MTNL Announces new broadband plans starting 26th Jan 2012

vishalk

Adept
MTNL Mumbai today announced new plans which will be available to new and old customers starting tomorrow 26th jan 2012. The plans are as follows

Attachments

• MTNL-True-Unlimited-Broadband-Plan-26-Jan-2012.jpg
    MTNL-True-Unlimited-Broadband-Plan-26-Jan-2012.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 441
  • MTNL-Xpress-Unlimited-Broadband-Plans-26-Jan-2012.jpg
    MTNL-Xpress-Unlimited-Broadband-Plans-26-Jan-2012.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 432
Well it might seem useless for some, however I'm very happy and glad that MTNL keeps on brining some changes to their plans. Every now and then, they bring new plans or bump up the speeds slightly on existing plans. They're definitely MUCH better than other crappy ISPs who don't improve on their speeds at all.

The minimum unlimited plan they have is 512kbps, which I believe is great. We can have hopes of getting even better speeds and plans in the future.

1. They Woke up and Increased speeds and made minimum speed as 512kbps which is appreciable.

2. Except the basic plan, none are priced well. Definitely not for the high end user who is low on Budget.

3. 4mbps unlimited for 10k. What are these Guys doing charging almost 7xtimes the present cost of 4mbps unlimited?

Ya they tweaking basic plans.But for intermediatery no good news.But i hope that they upgrade basics even more so we can downgrade for cheaper plan or they will have no option but to tweak intermediate plans than.

I think MTNL has forgotten they arent the only ISP in the market, these plans are bully by them and arent worth, if you look at the best plan out of all its costs you 2000 and gives u 2mbps for 150GB, Beyond which, you get capped to 1mbps but who would pay 2k for a plan like that? Its ridiculos they tweaking old plans, but now they need to realise that they need to get in better plans, something beyond 2mbps at a price under 2k. This by no means is unlimited when u have FUP implemented.

Dear MTNL we here in Mumbai hardly getting 384Kbps - most of time surfing just like crippling & now you upgrade us to 512Kbps..

I hope it's NOT FOR luring NEW BAKRA (good speed for new customers for 4-5 months & than ....
<
) & on paper only for OLD BAKRA/CUSTOMERS
<

The speeds on MTNL are quite consistent though there are problems but they occur on wide spread affect and happens only once a year.IMO MTNL is best VFM ISP.

The speeds on MTNL are quite consistent though there are problems but they occur on wide spread affect and happens only once a year.IMO MTNL is best VFM ISP.

Exactly. I can't express how happy I am with the consistency I get with MTNL. I never face a down time, only once a year as you said. I never face any fluctuations in speed either.

I'm rocking on the 1333 plan and couldn't have been happier.

I'm pretty happy because my combo 495 plan which used to be 384k day and 512k night is now always 512k. Good going MTNL! Now how about some REAL broadband?

I'm pretty happy because my combo 495 plan which used to be 384k day and 512k night is now always 512k. Good going MTNL! Now how about some REAL broadband?

^^ I have the same plan and am quiet happy with it. Earlier I had a Spearhead 512kbps connection that was pathetic and broke down atleast once a week! With MTNL, I have peace of mind.

Hi,

Yup, rightly put guys, 1333 best plan on MTNL, downtimes, well every isp in the world has few and so do them, as far as bandwidth goes, well its very consistent.

I cannot think to change my current plan. the 750 UL.

but they do need to think about bringing about some changes. even if i dont use the phone my minimum bill is around 1250 when i am in this plan. thats Rs 500 extra for the Peace of mind of a always on connection.

they need to remove the telephone rider from the broadband plans. because the minimum bill for the telephone is Rs.150. + all those ridiculous taxes.

I may have to try out the MTNL 3G . since its prepaid No extra payment other then what i am paying for.

what is BSNL doing...those 750kbps plans of MTNL looks good..but whatsup with the 995 plan and 999 plan...4 rupees extra gets u 130kbps...hmm

Back