MTNL BroadPlan Plan changes

Plan charges also increased
eg Express unlimited 650 changed to Express unlimited 699, etc

then there's also this
  • These are promotional plans for a period of 90 days effective from 12-11-2013.

ROTFL! So much for expecting MTNL to change. Guess there is no hope with these people who can't even manage 2Mbps UL at lower price point.

550 unlimited combo plan is gone, the new plan is for 650 without free calls :(. Boodly F#@ks
yep they've increased the rental of most of the plans & there's still no implementation of 1mbps minimum that they're advertising on some of the plans
:(:(

1mbps min is only for selected plans, Yet they claim to redefine minimum broadband speed

Last edited:
guys stop whining..
i pay 850 for pathetic 512kbps

switch ISPs for a day and feel my pain :(
such a huge punishment just for staying 10-15kms away

It's not whining, it's expecting a change. If you want to really feel the pain, then you should have seen my state when I paid 650 bucks for 34 f*ckin' Kbps line from Pacenet. I have been there, done that. What we are expecting out here is for 2Mbps to become more affordable. Do you realize the difference between the pricing in unlimited 1Mbps and 2Mbps plan? It's HUGE! 5 grand a month huge. I'm sorry, if I'm not being sympathetic with your situation, but that's not what we are here to talk about. When they said a big announcement, a lot of people expected it to either see better speed plans being introduced or a revision in the rates of their existing 2Mbps/4Mbps plans. With pretty much everything going Digital these days, 2Mbps is something MTNL should have really focused on. Their 2Mbps UL plan rates have been stagnant ever since it's existence. So my initial comment still holds.

My plan still shows the old dsl 450 unlimited with old speed.I know mtnl has habbit of not changing it untill one officially calls them to do so.
But today their numbers are working weirdly.
Are others still on same old plan or speed has changed?

^^^
Ur speed/plan is not going to change........ u will hav to apply for the plan u want........ ur current plans will remain the same.....

My plan still shows the old dsl 450 unlimited with old speed.I know mtnl has habbit of not changing it untill one officially calls them to do so.
512kbps from 7am to 6pm 1mbps from 6pm to 12am & 2mbps from12am to 7am
was listed on their website yesterday afternoon & this is what you should be getting
what is your current speed?

Personally, I am shocked that MTNL is on twitter. :eek:
When idiots like kyazoonga can be on twitter replying to every tweet rather than making their site work whats wrong with MTNL than.

I called 1500.They took my request will call me tomorrow and do the job as their main staff left office by 6pm.I called at 7 pm.

Ya they wont change your plan until you ask them to (confirmed with CC). I m still getting 550 unlimited combo plan speeds which is 8-6(512 kb), 6-12(1mbps), 12-8(2mbps). But since yesterday i am getting a lot of disconnections :(

So mtnl mumbai is now offering 1 mbps base speeds not bad i would say considering mtnl delhi is still on 512 kbps. Atleast there is some progress in the right direction.

Last edited:
MTNL has said by 2015 end the minimum speed would be 2 mbps.Why are you people expecting 2mbs minimum speed when no one else provide same without FUP.
When reliance gio launches 4G there is a chance of minimum 2 mbps speed.
Atleast MTNL took the initiative for 1 Mbps and believe me its not bad at all.

Back