MTNL BroadPlan Plan changes

ok so , if we dont call them up and change our plan will we be charged the new rates , or still be charged 450/550-combo ?[DOUBLEPOST=1384413058][/DOUBLEPOST]
atleast 2 mbps is rqd for heavy users/downloaders. 1Mbps is a little slow imo.

I download during the evening and night , so 1-2mbps is sufficient.

Last edited:
ok so , if we dont call them up and change our plan will we be charged the new rates , or still be charged 450/550-combo ?[DOUBLEPOST=1384413058][/DOUBLEPOST]
Old rates with old plan.I remembered i remain on some old plan for lmost 8 months even after that plan was withdrawn from site.

They called me today and confirmed my details and said necessary changes will be done.
But not yet implemented my side.I hope i get 1.5Mbps speed by evening.

I requested for change of plan on thursday.And i am still on old plan.
i thought because of holidays on friday,saturday and sunday.Change might happen today by 10 am when their staff comes to work.
But it still the same old plan of 512kbps speed.I guess MTNL tried to sound too good to be true too early.Their setup doesnt look to be in proper place yet.

Mostly..... they come to know abt new plan when we tell them...... or we apply......
I applied as i knew they wont change the plan by default.On thursday i got the call this is for confirmation for change.I had requested on wednesday. They were saying you are directly upgraded but there is some glitch but i said i wont upgrade and they said they taking my request.I have also mailed them via mtnl default email id on their helpdesk email id.There also no reply yet.

they've got some new 8mbps plan now but their damn terms n conditions for that line bonding thing (1 time charge of 4k!) is confusing

Hi
I just got a new connection from mtnl and they provided their router lol
Couple of days it was working f9
Since last night there is a issue with the wifi signals,and the net is getting disconnected frequently
Does the router provided by mtnl have poor reception quality..
i am just getting pissed with the poor speed,i took 699 plan :watching:

Hi
I just got a new connection from mtnl and they provided their router lol
Couple of days it was working f9
Since last night there is a issue with the wifi signals,and the net is getting disconnected frequently
Does the router provided by mtnl have poor reception quality..
i am just getting pissed with the poor speed,i took 699 plan :watching:

You took a modem or a router?

Whatever you took return it, use your own setup, tweak settings a bit, change modulation to G. Dmt.. And revert, if problem still persists, then it's a problem with your line..

Adsl Router..
I am getting Crap speeds..
Torrents are horrible
Can u share whats the procedure to return the Box back to them
Thanx

@destiny: you just need to go neaerst MTNL exchange office and return router, power adapter and network cable which they gave you. Also write a letter mentioning that you need to return a router and will be using my personal router. Hence wave off the monthly CPE charges from next bill cycle. Make 2 copies. One copy submit and other they will give you as an acknowledgement with stamp and sign.

Now the router is in range
Getting Random disconnection
Insane why i went ahead with this MTNL Connection
Was happy with private provider since last 7 years[DOUBLEPOST=1387026388][/DOUBLEPOST]
You took a modem or a router?

Whatever you took return it, use your own setup, tweak settings a bit, change modulation to G. Dmt.. And revert, if problem still persists, then it's a problem with your line..
Where can i get that option in the router setting ???

Last edited:
Now the router is in range
Getting Random disconnection
Insane why i went ahead with this MTNL Connection
Was happy with private provider since last 7 years[DOUBLEPOST=1387026388][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where can i get that option in the router setting ???

Im the router setup option, as i said what do u have? Router or modem from mtnl?

Router

ADSL Firmware Version
:FwVer:3.20.17.0_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2
Line State
:Showtime
Modulation
:ADSL2 PLUS
Annex Mode
:ANNEX_M
DownstreamUpstream
SNR Margin
:32.238.6db