MTNL BroadPlan Plan changes

I opted for DSL_Combo_1749 which gives me 100GB of data at 4mbps speed. I get veru good d/l and u/l speeds and connection is very stable. Hardly any issue. It could be because I live very near to MTNL exchange.

Hi Everyone

Glad to join with go4i.net... Hope and Wish them to grow more powerful forum around... I will do my best to keep the show going...

Regards

MNIKO

Na its not the closeness.

Your Internet connection comes from a good server.

The Versova exchange server is bad... The internet connection stops working after 2_3 months and have to escalate matter to the deputy general manager to get it fixed.

Guys I have MTNL Broadband in Mumbai and I am currently playing 500 Rs per month and 50 Rs for the modem. This plan doesn't exist on the MTNL website now since I have been on this for like couple of years. But i just get 512 Kbps 24/7. Download speed in torrents is like max 60 kBps.
Is this the right speed for my plan ?

Is anyone else using any other plan whose price is around the one I am paying ? I want to change plans if this is going to be my speed always. 512kbps is too low.

Also the wifi modem I am using at home is MTNL Provided one DNA-1212 and is pretty old. Does this affect speed anyhow ?

The current upstream/downstream says...

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):445
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):338

This is like so less. :(
Also check the "Attainable speeds", why is it so low ? Does this mean I can never get 2 Mbps speeds ? Because I have used 2 Mbps before on this line.

Statistics -- ADSL

Mode: ADSL2
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 9.4 6.3
Attenuation (dB): 36.0 22.1
Output Power (dBm): 12.4 15.3
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 1096 441
Rate (Kbps): 338 445[DOUBLEPOST=1405743349][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: My package name on MTNL website (under my login) says...

Package Name DSL_Unltd_450_Monthly

Since there rates are so low, it will never reach 1/2 mbps even if your plan says so...

I'm on the same plan.. And it world's fine.. H need to ask them to change port I think, or adjust the upstream, downstream limits..

am on unltd 550 non-combo since some months. getting the promised speeds, albeit, with frequent disconnections at a particular time at night, but not regularly. this was more so in an earlier MTNL modem i was using (450TC1). changed it to a new one got from MTNL (Binatone N150 modem+router; can't recall the model-number. its black in colour), and the disconnections are far less.

hello there! if someone's still watching this thread, i have a doubt - am still on the above-mentioned plan (ie, dsl_unltd_550). speeds are 1 mbps till 1900 hrs, and 1.5-1.8 mbps from 1900 hrs-0700 hrs. at the speed-change times, does the connection reset? if yes, how does it happen? i mean, does the connection go off for a few moments, only to be back at the new speed? i haven't tried to notice it ever, but due to a need now, i want to know about it. if anyone's reading this and knows about it, please do tell.
tagging @raksrules for one.

I was on same plan as before but I am not sure about the speed change because due to my line quality I never got more than 700kbps.
Yesterday only I found the issue but now my plan is already changed to 2 Mbps till 8GB and then 1 Mbps.

alright. thanks for responding. so you had applied for the plan-change i suppose?

Yes I had applied for the plan change. Btw the speed switch you are saying in the old 550 Rs plan, i think it was a limited time offer and was not applicable after some month (not sure which).

alright.
i don't know what they keep doing. yes, i faintly recall that they had some offer. but for me, i've found that even if they retract some time-bound offer extended to customers at some earlier point of time, i still get to enjoy those speeds which were being given in the offer, atleast, for a considerable time after it has expired. has happened in a couple of plans previously, with some other users as well, alongwith me. if the 1 Mbps-1.5 Mbps day-night speed-cycles was part of an offer, then am still getting the promised download-speed, ie, almost exactly 1 Mbps and 1.5 Mbps during the day and night, respectively, plus, i get upto 1.5 Mbps during the day too, on weekend.

now while typing all this i recall, that the plan originally was i think, 1 Mbps during the day, 1.3 Mbps during night, and i think 1.3 or 1.5 Mbps during the whole day and night of weekend (not sure about the weekend-part though). then this was modified to 1.5 Mbps during week-nights i guess (supposedly in the offer).

but upload speed, that remains pathetically downtrodden as ever! :mad:

yes. earlier it was 512 Kbps. however, even though the download-speeds touch the promised figure frequently, the upload-speeds seldom, if at all, show a tendency to near the declared figure.

New Bullet plans from MTNL...

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband-services/triband/unlimited-plans#2-mbps

Plan NameMonthly ChargesDownload SpeedFree Data Usage Additional Data Usage Charges

Bullet 1333 Rs. 1333 8Mbps/2Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps/ 768 Kbps afterwards
Bullet 1444 Rs. 1444 10Mbps/5Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps/768 Kbps afterwards
Bullet 1111 Rs. 1111 2 Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps afterwards

New Bullet plans from MTNL...

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband-services/triband/unlimited-plans#2-mbps

Plan NameMonthly ChargesDownload SpeedFree Data Usage Additional Data Usage Charges

Bullet 1333 Rs. 1333 8Mbps/2Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps/ 768 Kbps afterwards
Bullet 1444 Rs. 1444 10Mbps/5Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps/768 Kbps afterwards
Bullet 1111 Rs. 1111 2 Mbps up to 250 GB 33 GB Rs. 18 per GB till 250 GB and Unlimited free at 1Mbps afterwards

Pretty sure that the final bill would be 1333+extra usage. They should show the max billable amount.

Back