MTNL Mumbai Revises Its Unlimited Broadband Plans, More Speed Day and Night

umesh_boogy said:
I am experiencing very poor connectivity from today morning, anybody else facing problems?

yup u are not alone!!!

i am facing mental frequent disconnections, net dropping and night speeds a bit slow, that not all i checked my router and my line stats have changed, i see variable speeds there sometimes it shows 2048k and 512k, sometimes as 1650k and 512k or sometimes as 1920k and 512k and at one point even 990k and 512k, now i have placed complaints with 1504 and 198 but in vain

How far is the exchange from your house? Was it always like this or did you have stable connections at one point?

When I had issues with line quality, i complained and they sent a line man. After arguing for 10 minutes and convincing him that the problem was NOT with my pc, he cleaned up all the hand-twisted (!) joints (3-4) from my basement to my flat and the problem vanished. Seems it was oxidation and corrosion of the exposed metal wiring which led to a poor signal. This may not be evident on a slower connection, but amp up the speed to 2mbps and throughput will suffer.

vishalk said:
yup u are not alone!!!

i am facing mental frequent disconnections, net dropping and night speeds a bit slow, that not all i checked my router and my line stats have changed, i see variable speeds there sometimes it shows 2048k and 512k, sometimes as 1650k and 512k or sometimes as 1920k and 512k and at one point even 990k and 512k, now i have placed complaints with 1504 and 198 but in vain
Lets hope MTNL people fix this ASAP :mad:

Don't expect good service from mtnl. Sometimes a little chai-paani to the linesman will solve the problem faster than you can dial 198!

Julian said:
How far is the exchange from your house? Was it always like this or did you have stable connections at one point?

When I had issues with line quality, i complained and they sent a line man. After arguing for 10 minutes and convincing him that the problem was NOT with my pc, he cleaned up all the hand-twisted (!) joints (3-4) from my basement to my flat and the problem vanished. Seems it was oxidation and corrosion of the exposed metal wiring which led to a poor signal. This may not be evident on a slower connection, but amp up the speed to 2mbps and throughput will suffer.

been fine always, its been like this only since monday when they started upgrading speeds, always seen 2048k and 512k. nothing less or more

my pinging still goes on and on freequent disconnection doing my head in and also i am dropping the line more often, dunno i may just kick mtnl out and get other service.

vishalk said:
been fine always, its been like this only since monday when they started upgrading speeds, always seen 2048k and 512k. nothing less or more

my pinging still goes on and on freequent disconnection doing my head in and also i am dropping the line more often, dunno i may just kick mtnl out and get other service.
what other options do you have in isp s and in which area of mumbai?

ggt said:
what other options do you have in isp s and in which area of mumbai?

am in south mumbai called my cable opp, he says he can offer me 2mbps unlimited for 1300, what other choice do i have, dont wanna go to reliance wimax, they suck bigtime

am starting a new thread, looks bad bumping this thread with my problem

Switched to the DSL 999 UL plan. Got 1.13 on Speedtest, however my download HTTP download speeds are still fluctuating heavily. The download speed isn't stable. However, my browsing is perfectly fine. Also, if I download anything from Game Trailers website, it's stable. I tried both Filesonic and Fileserve premium. :(

What could be the issue? This has been going on for the past 4 days now. :mad:

ok heres the stupidest thing i heard

called prabhadevi, they say no speed time extension for happy hour plans so dsl 1333 will get 2mbps only from 8pm to 8am

Back