MTNL speed upgraded???

Bluffmaster said:
Hi, I am currently using Airtel Broadband and I am fed up of the FUP. Even without FUP, the browsing speed is just plain ridiculous. A 3 min You tube video takes like forever to buffer. :| Hence, I have decided to move to something better. The only alternative I can think of is MTNL because afaik there is no FUP in MTNL's unlimited plans. Now, can anyone confirm this? I will be moving to the 1mbps plan for Rs. 999/- There isn't any FUP on this, right?? I would have opted for MTNL 3g but the 3g plan is twice expensive and has a 100GB FUP.
I'm planning to revert to MTNL as well. Airtel has been great in terms of connection stability and speeds, but the FUP is like a hard kick in the balls. So would just wait for Feb to end and probably get rid of Airtel.

dinjo said:
Just hope for 2mbps since you would be on new plan and enjoy the ride...
*crosses fingers* Really hope so. Got a confirmation call this morning itself for the plan activation. I have opted for their modem for 300 bucks. I would keep my GLB502T as a back up. :p

ggt said:
^so you not opting for 3g now? :p

The unlimited plans for MTNL 3G aren't available yet, so will wait till it's launched, we get some reviews and hopefully get some insight on it, before jumping onto the 3G bang-wagon.

MTNL 3G Unlimited Plans are not there but yes with 1800 /- Rs. recharge you can get 100GB of data... it works in Delhi but speeds are upto 1.3MBps.

Got my line activated and guess what? The download speed in 290-300KB/s. :D

F*ck YEAH! Good to be back on MTNL. Hope this speed stays forever. :p

Back