MTNL speed upgraded???

guys on MTNL .. can u please check this out ??

try installing dc .. go to public hubs (below the file there icon) .. refresh .. if hub list is not shown .. change the configured public hub lists .. refresh sort it according to size .. get into any european hubs .. like

[ A S O T ] Hub - A State Of Trance R O M A N I A
Dutch-Hardcore - Remember to add this hub to your favorites type /fav (dutch-hardcore-hub.no-ip.com:413)

download anyones filist .. my friend gets the error .. invalid ip :((((( !!!

^Lol try 3g then :p
sorry for hijacking the thread but anybody using mtnl getting more than promised speeds.
So is it available to everyone or for only select few?

Hi, I am currently using Airtel Broadband and I am fed up of the FUP. Even without FUP, the browsing speed is just plain ridiculous. A 3 min You tube video takes like forever to buffer. :| Hence, I have decided to move to something better. The only alternative I can think of is MTNL because afaik there is no FUP in MTNL's unlimited plans. Now, can anyone confirm this? I will be moving to the 1mbps plan for Rs. 999/- There isn't any FUP on this, right?? I would have opted for MTNL 3g but the 3g plan is twice expensive and has a 100GB FUP.

No FUP on MTNL plans, and if you are lucky you will get 2mbps speeds. My monthly download quota touches 200 gb quite often, no issues so far.

No FUP on MTNL unlimited plans.

Also, its 999+taxes and on top of that any rental that you have to pay for the telephone line. The minimum rental is 150 Rs/month with no free outgoing calls.

I am on the same plan and my monthly bill comes to 1254 Rs.

^^ No FUP. :)

But at times there are connection issues.

However 98% of the time its running properly and you get around 100 kbps download speeds.

New connections on MTNL usually get 2mbps speeds. Until MTNL people realize it of course, after which the speeds go back to whatever plan you are on. Happens with (almost) every new connection.
I initially bought the 599/- unlimited 256kbps plan and now they have auto-upgraded me to 512kbps. Soon, as broadband becomes cheaper, they will upgrade me to 1mbps at the same price. *fingers crossed* :)

Is there a price drop coming for 2mbps plan since its a start of new year and MTNL usually drop there prices at start of the year

^ Expected price drop at Gandhi Jayanti.. then Dussehera.. then Diwali.. then Christmas and finally new year. Nop.. no change!!! MTNL knows how to bypass hurdles...

What's the next stop... Holi !!!

I just got the MTNL new connection the speed are horrible,my plan was 748 Unlimited plan,and they are giving me 256 kbps speed,any one facing this issue?

Today my internet was down.

I called 198 and registered complain.
After few time 3-4 calls i received that soon my problem will be addressed.

As the adsl light wasnt stable;their chap came to my place (some idiot who have zero internet working knowledge).

To get that light stable that idiot disconnected my parallel line .Than i said its not working from your office side stop playing with electronics of my house.He said he will come afterwards.

Though 30 mins passed internet started working.But now problem is i am on 1 mbps plan and they have downgraded me to 512 kbps.Facing problem with surfing right now.Again lodged a complain but it wont be taken care untill tommorow i guess.

Does someone know direct number of their exchange which handles speed.

I posted same way back when i got the connection.But i hardly keep track of such stuffs.

naa its rubbish.

Its their main helpline number which is mainly picked after 10 am .

I called it just now .the lady was busy making me change dns address whereas i kept on saying in modem page instead of 1024 kbps i am seeing 512 kbps.So its the fault at your side.Later she says lodge a complain on 198 which i already did.

I guess need to find that topic where i had mentioned their prabhadevi exchange number where all this speed stuff happens.

Back