MTNL speed upgraded???

dhruvrock2000 said:
Why not for the 1mbps plan subscribers ? I guess this is some error on their part...
yup, i think so, as this speed upgrade is only for few users, not all 599 unlimited plan users. So, i think this speed upgrade is temporary upgrade and might last few weeks or so.

But i wish it should last forever:bleh:

I heard few months ago that TRAI has given strict guidelines that 2Mbps should be the minimum speed provided to subscribers. So I think MTNL as usual is the first one to implement it after doubling the speed few months ago.

Its definitely a permanent change guys.

are u sure this is true , about the strict guide lines if trai bnd about doubling the speed plz reply it plz............i hope ur news is true

Yup it is indeed true. But ISPs said that they can't jump directly from 250kbps to 2mbps so that's why they first doubled the speed and now they are making it 4 times. Its time to purchase a stack of hard disks.

i have heart at one trusted broadband forum that before commonwealth game they will double the speed again

means 999 for 2 mbps plan

blackperl said:
i have heart at one trusted broadband forum that before commonwealth game they will double the speed again

means 999 for 2 mbps plan
Nope, target is to keep 2Mbps as minimum speed. So for Rs.999 u can expect 4Mbps. :-o

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

falcon said:
from where have u heard the news of 4 times speed of mtnl
Check out the following link :-

The Hindu Business Line : TRAI for ‘redefining’ floor broadband speed at 2Mbps

MTNL was also supposed to give FTTH before the start of CWG and afaik ftth is fiber so speeds upto 100mbps :D Go mtnl go !!

MTNL is very smart, for new unlimited broadbrand connections they always give speed of 2MBPS or sometimes 3MBPS for only sometime but after that they downgrade the speed. I also got speed of 3MBPS for 4 months in starting but after that it becomes normal. but still mtnl is best of all unlimted BB services.

If anything is going to be officially communicated, then it will be displayed on mtnldelhi.in for delhi subscribers. Until then you can save precious bandwidth by not posting :p

ultra vires said:
If anything is going to be officially communicated, then it will be displayed on mtnldelhi.in for delhi subscribers.

No upgrades here yet. But the last time it happened for me (256 to 512), it was never 'officially' displayed on the website or anywhere else.

This is a marketing strategy of mtnl to attract customers

however later they will give you normal speeds as per plans or even less

and mtnl has anyways has connectivity issues especially in monsoons

Back