MTNL TriB 590 NU

knoughtyd

Skilled
First of all before starting d thread....A BIG HI:clap: to all d TE members.....:hap2:

Now comin back 2 d thread.....

K...Iam gettin d MTNL Triband Nightunlimited net connection frm 1st august:hap2: (Date frm wich I will b regular...:eek:hyeah: )...But i have some query regarding this connection so thought of clearing frm u guys as might know sumtin abt it.....

D thing is tat its stated in the tariff plan tat Customers have to neccassarily switch OFF and ON the ADSL modem before and after free night unlimited period...

aew3.jpg

sce2.jpg

Does this mean tat every time i enter & exit d nite time i hve 2 switch on & off....???

And also wat if i dnt switch on/off?? wudnt tat unlimited period b activated...???

Hope tat my query will get cleared......:D

From what my friends have told me (They are on BSNL Dataone 256k NU 2am-8am plan) if you dont reconnect at 2 am (12 am in ur case) your bandwidth usage continues to be counted inside your limited alloted bandwidth. Similarly if you do not reconnect at 8 am, the bandwidth u ve used in your unlimited usage time gets debited from ur monthly allotted bandwidth. So i'd recommend u reconnect at the appropriate given times. It hardly takes a min, so not a big deal anyways. Unless you sleep past 8 am n 4get to reconnect :p

ya you have to swtich off/on your modem at 12 am and 8am.. cause sometimes whateer you have downloaded between 12-8 gets counted towards your 1gb monthly limit.....

the unlimited period would be active irrespective of whether you have switched off/on your modem at the said times ..

you can always automate and automatically disconnect at 8 and also automatically reconnect at 12.. i have posted it in some thread..

But if i off/on d modem at 12am...& then dont do it 8am..wat wud happn..??

And also if say i downloaded frm 12 am 2 say 4am 7 then close d connection....then shud i again start at 8am and again turn/off my modem...??

See what happens is , when u connect to MTNL servers , a Session is maintained till you disconnect.This session keeps track of how much download.

When you enter night time your download is not supposed to be counted , but MTNL system is not so intellegent to not count download in unlimited duration.

So to make your download free you have to reconnect to mtnl.Doing this will make new session which will make download count 0 in this phase.

Remember you need to reconnect only if you were connected to MTNL before entering this duration

You have to disconnect-reconnect to log into free usage hours. If you forget to to do so your downloads may be counted in your 1GB usage limit. But its practically no issue because you can smoothly schedule either to reboot the router or disconnect-connect using bridge mode (where you sort of dial up to establish a connection as against always on).

Btw...won't it be better to wait a bit? MTNL 'might' come up with something better to mark Independence day.

What really happens is somewhat similar to what ^^blaster mentioned ...
They treat the connected period as one session - take the total usage during that session and divide it by total connected time - then they bill u according to average amt. of usage that lies outside free period (12-8am)

e.g. if u r connected from 11pm to 1am and download only 10MB during 11pm to 12am but 70MB from 12am to 1am - ur total usage for session is 80MB and total time is 2 hrs (so 40MB per hour)
out of this only 1 hr. lies in free period so 40 MB are free - the other 40MB lie in non-free hours so u r billed for 40MB !!
(it works the other way too - so if u download 70MB from 11 to 12 and 10MB from 12 to 1 - u'll still be billed only for 40MB if it's the same session !!! )

Hey I 4got 2 connect and reconnect at 12am...But i did tat at arnd 1 am.....And after tat i downloaded arnd 100mb or so and close arnd 2am.... so will this b counted in d free usage or will it b billed.....??

MTNL clocks and real world clocks are usually few mins apart!!
Difference can be determined by checking logs of sessions- remember ur real world connection time though!!

At one time, there used to be a 17-19 mins difference in the two!!:O

Once its 12am, as per MTNL and ur synchronised/async PC time, u can connect/disconnect till 8 am as many times as you want!!
They wont show up in your usage history!!

If you are already connected to Triband, ie u connected at 10pm and u r working on the net till 12am and have to continue doing so, just 'switch OFF' modem and 'Switch ON' once at 12am!!
Then continue doing whatever u were!!

Likewise, if working through the night or early morning till 8am, irrespective of when u logged in or how many times u switched ON/OFF from 12am-8am and intend to keep working after 8am; 'switch OFF' modem and 'switch ON' once more at 8am or when ever u realise its past 8am!!:p

All usage between 12am-8am is free and does not show up in session history!!

Account summary shows download limit available for rest of the month, after deducting ur usage from 8am - 12am till that date from the 1024MB for that month!!

Session history showed usage from certain date to certain date as specifed by user for that month or previous month!!
Now it shows usage for last/present whole month or on certain single day as specified by user!!

if u get delayed by few mins, in my case upto 1/2 an hr at times, the download for 12-8am doesnt show up after 8 am!!
Maybe a few bytes here and there, after 8am!!

Chill!!
Relax!!
Enjoy!!:hap2:

Arey it came in usage....4Mb.....frm 12 to 2.5am....(eventhough i did connect & reconnect at 1am)....Serious speaking i dnt hve ne clue wat 2 do......Plz help me out....

Which connection r u on? BSNL or MTNL? if its BSNL i believe their reconnection time is from 2am-8am. Also i think u guys may be spared the trouble. One of my friends literally peeod in his pants when i told him this cuz he's had the connection 4 a month now n he's never reconnected! :no: And when we checked his data transfer on the site...it said 7 GB. Ath the rate of Rs 1.2 per MB that totalled 2 abt 8.4k extra!! :sos: :S We immediately embarked on a trip 2 the BSNL office n talked to the broadband manager since they hadnt informed my friend abt this system when he'd changed 2 his current plan. That guy assured him that he wont have to pay extra bcuz apparently the entire data transferred between 2am-8am would be subtracted from his total usage at the end of the month n he will be billed accordingly!! Lets see...we'll finally get 2 know what happens when he gets his bill. Meanwhile he's transferred 2 the Unlimited plan :rofl:

knoughtyd , you have to switch on and off at both times 12 and 8 ... otherwise , the usage will get added and not counted as free

that 4.5 mb is counted because according to mtnl time , it must not have been 12 am in their watch ... it is around 10 to 15 mins different from our watches lol :D ...

So I 2 wait 2 download sumtin till 12 am....then wake up early at 8am so tat it doesnt get countd....bulls***.....

Arey is it Necessary 2 get up again at 8am and do tat start and off thing...cnt be done ne time durin tat period...

chic_magnet said:
ya you have to swtich off/on your modem at 12 am and 8am.. cause sometimes whateer you have downloaded between 12-8 gets counted towards your 1gb monthly limit.....
the unlimited period would be active irrespective of whether you have switched off/on your modem at the said times ..

you can always automate and automatically disconnect at 8 and also automatically reconnect at 12.. i have posted it in some thread..

can you explain it again it once agn here... dint find whr you mentioned it before....

I automatically turn off the PC but the router needs to be shut down manually.... Can you suggest a way around this....

switching the PC off or setting up an automatic connection/dis-connection is not a solution..just wake up b4 8:00 & switch off the router supply..simple!
bcoz even if u set it to be automatic..the router supply still has to be kept ON..which means that ur router is connected nd u'll endup payin 4 all d download!

^^Arre..I'm sure your parents wake up way before 8 am, set up the auto disconnect thingy and ask your parents to switch off the router b4 8:00...

Back