Mtnl triband issues

vishalk

Adept
hi guys,

since 4 pm this afternoon, i found that my surfing was crappy slow, so i rebooted the router, unpluged it and repluged it also tried pinging yahoo.com and what i get is massive packet losses. However, if i download torrents, i am getting good speeds and no upload speed at all. I have tried calling 1504 and cant get through any operators, they've got a tape sayin they are busy and unavailable and that to call after sometime. I have also tried changing DNS to opendns but still no joy. I'm at malabar hill in mumbai, is any1 facing the same??

thanks

Same here .... my downloads seems to be pretty fine .. but sites are damm slow....cudnt event open speedtest.net... i guess MTNL is acting up again....

|Anish| said:
getting very low speeds today, downloading files @ max 8kbps. Anyone facing the same issue?
hi,

yes i am facing it since 3.15 this afternoon, called 1504, they say that theres some packet loss issue they cant figure out but should be sorted by 8am tomm

Well, I am on the 320kbps unlimited plan......

All along I was getting download speeds of about 175-200kbps for files as well as for torrents.

But since yesterday, I am getting download speeds of about 25kbps for files & 20-25kbps for torrents.......!!! :(

I have logged a complaint with 198 & 1504 but no response yet.....

Can sumone here help me understand what this is?? I am new to MTNL..... not even a month old..... :(

Thanx......

nehaladsul said:
Well, I am on the 320kbps unlimited plan......

All along I was getting download speeds of about 175-200kbps for files as well as for torrents.

But since yesterday, I am getting download speeds of about 25kbps for files & 20-25kbps for torrents.......!!! :(

I have logged a complaint with 198 & 1504 but no response yet.....

Can sumone here help me understand what this is?? I am new to MTNL..... not even a month old..... :(

Thanx......
Buddy i guess what speeds you are getting now are proper and what you used to get were because of MTNL goofup.
It is just that earlier even being on 320 kbps plan you were getting 2 Mbps because of fault from MTNL side. Hence download speed you were getting was 2048kbps/8 = 256 kBps (capital B) and hence you getting 175 to 200kBps is proper but now you have been pulled back to what you should get i.e. 320/8 = 40kBps and you are getting speeds between 25 to 30 kBps which is less by like 20% which even MTNL says you should expect. So i guess you dont need to complain as you are getting proper speeds.

^^^ Lolzzz

Yeah.... that may be true...... But 2 more of my friends got the same plans connected on the same day as me..... We live in adjacent blocks......

But they seem to still be getting the same speeds as earlier...... Funny......

But if what u say is true, I do hope that they continue to get the good speeds they are getting....... as for me...... All is well.....!!!

:)

EDIT: If any MTNL person is viewing this...... Kill me if u want but I WON'T tell u the names or numbers of these 2 Friends of mine......!!! :p

Lolzzz

:D

Back