Mtnl triband plans revised - Mumbai

my connection drops at 10pm too. not checked at 8am but I am positive it does that too.

It didn't drop earlier as my plan was 1mbps without the night speed bump.

ok guys heres something.

since the past few days, at 8am the speed does go down to 1mbps as per dsl 1333 plan but if say maybe an hour or so latter if i reboot my router manually, i am back on 2mbps, dunno if any1 else getting it too. I am getting this 2mbps steady all day and it continues into the night aswell

umesh_boogy said:
^^ lucky :eek:hyeah:

Enjoy the speed's

i also got 2 mbs UL for more than six months at time of booking connection
LOL am a 2 year old suscriber am on dsl 1333 plan should get 1 at day but getting 2 since 12th

^^^
I enjoyed same thing for 1yr..I was on Plan 999...;)

Anyways...at a new place now, getting new connection of Plan 888... But I regularly book Tatkal tickets and it will be a massive pain if connection resets at 8.. As it is all the tickets are getting booked in a minute and now toh there will be no chance.. Didn't happen with my earlier plan i.e Plan 999.. coz it was of flat speed..!

dipen01 said:
^^^
I enjoyed same thing for 1yr..I was on Plan 999...;)

Anyways...at a new place now, getting new connection of Plan 888... But I regularly book Tatkal tickets and it will be a massive pain if connection resets at 8.. As it is all the tickets are getting booked in a minute and now toh there will be no chance.. Didn't happen with my earlier plan i.e Plan 999.. coz it was of flat speed..!
Tatkal tickets are going to be next to impossible to book with 888/Any Day-night plan. I had tried booking today and the connection took about 2-3 mins to get back online and damn every ticket was gone :mad:

To make things even worse for tatkal bookings all MTNL's unlimited plans have been reveised and now have different speeds at night so a reset at 8am is definte. Only solution can be to have a limited plan where speed is going to be stable but those plans are useless:p

Have a query regarding the new plans. I am planning to upgrade to some other plan which can allow video calls (like skype, or facebook video chat or any video chat) properly and i probably need a higher speed plans for the same i guess. Currently on 320kbps one and i think this does not suffice. Need to know which plan will be better for me and also how fast the MTNL people will change my plan ? Is it done at month end or immediately in a day or two ?

I also have the 320kbps unlimited plan since last 1yr and it suffices me for video calls in Gtalk and Skpe. never did i face any lagging in video or audio. earlier even i was of the same impression that 320kbps many not suffice for video chat.

raksrules said:
Have a query regarding the new plans. I am planning to upgrade to some other plan which can allow video calls (like skype, or facebook video chat or any video chat) properly and i probably need a higher speed plans for the same i guess. Currently on 320kbps one and i think this does not suffice. Need to know which plan will be better for me and also how fast the MTNL people will change my plan ? Is it done at month end or immediately in a day or two ?

Yesterday Night's Speed

1400205082.png

Today Back To Normal

Rs 599 Plan

I'm loving it... for the first 3 months i got 2mbps and now this night plan. happy i moved from airtel to mtnl. i think mtnl is keeping every broadband provider in mumbai on their toes.

Shifting to 888 UL plan from next month. My day downloads are rarely high. So let's see how the 512Kbps speed holds up.

i am thinking of shifting to mtnl's 395 per month ul plan - the only thing between me and mtnl is its regular disconnection

i know i have been writing this in every mtnl thread but my hathway plan is getting over on 12th august and i got to think a lot of time before shifting to mtnl

i sometimes have to file some it returns and if there is a disconnection it creates a big problem

any suggestions ?

please dont suggest to go for reliance, tikona [ and 5net and etc etc arent available in my area]

The problem of frequent disconnection or service outage is very much there in MTNL, otherwise it's a good broadband provider since speeds are always close to promised speeds.

I suggest always to keep a backup provider with MTNL.

That means i will get 1mbps at night. Nice

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bigbyte said:
The problem of frequent disconnection or service outage is very much there in MTNL, otherwise it's a good broadband provider since speeds are always close to promised speeds.

I dont know about disconnections, but the speeds drops down to absolutely low levels sometimes during heavy rains.

bigbyte said:
I have to agree with this. If you're very lucky, you will rarely ever experience any disconnections. But when it goes down, it's a pain to predict when it would be back. One things for sure, despite all it's negative aspects, it's the most VFM ISP out there. :)

hi guys

any1 experiencing a mad speed rush since the past few days? am on the dsl 1333 plan, should be getting 1mbps at day am getting 2mbps instead and night should be 2 mbps am getting btw 3 and 4mbps....WTF has MTNL upgraded speeds again or is it just once in a lifetime occurance?

Back