Mtnl triband plans revised - Mumbai

Have heard the above case from so many people. Why the heck does not MTNL regulate their speeds. At least for the specific designated bundle offering.

whats the download speed u get on MTNL's DSL_Unlimited_599 plan ? my friend told me he gets around 170kbps avg and somtimes around 220kbps

Need to know how long does it take in procuring a new triband connection and as before is there any preference given to new registration for UL plans vis-a-vis people registering for non-UL plans ?

Do we need to go to the exchange or we can just register for new triband over the phone ?

Phone line is already available.

Also need to know which will be the best UL plan for making/receiving skype video and VOIP calls ?

raksrules said:
Need to know how long does it take in procuring a new triband connection and as before is there any preference given to new registration for UL plans vis-a-vis people registering for non-UL plans ?

Do we need to go to the exchange or we can just register for new triband over the phone ?

Phone line is already available.

Also need to know which will be the best UL plan for making/receiving skype video and VOIP calls ?

Hi m8

now u need not goto the exchange to get ur triband connection, simply call 1500 and the cc will guide u through the process, it takes about 7 to 14 days to get the connection depending upon the exchange u on and weather if u are going to get wifi or a wired router. Best plan for skype is dsl 1333. 1mbps at day and 2mbps at night and weekend.

^^Will skype video/audio work fine on a lower plan ?? Actually it is to be put at my Father in law's house and they are really not into the internet thing. Currently they have that tata indicom 144 kbps modem and they are satisfied in that too. So it will challenge for them to make spend so much per month. Hence need to know which will be the best plan for them. I guess in that case i will have to suggest some volume based plan like 2.5 GB or so.
Hence need to know what lower speed we can take to have good chat over skype etc video and audio.

Looks like the Sunday 2Mbps speeds have stabilized. I was getting un-interrupted 2Mbps speeds throughout the day. Now that I'm on the 888 plan, there is nothing else I could ask for. :D

raksrules said:
^^Will skype video/audio work fine on a lower plan ?? Actually it is to be put at my Father in law's house and they are really not into the internet thing. Currently they have that tata indicom 144 kbps modem and they are satisfied in that too. So it will challenge for them to make spend so much per month. Hence need to know which will be the best plan for them. I guess in that case i will have to suggest some volume based plan like 2.5 GB or so.

Hence need to know what lower speed we can take to have good chat over skype etc video and audio.

get a 599 pm plan. it is 512 kbps day and 1 mbps night plan . my friend has it on mtnl WI-fi.

not sure if the same plan is available on triband :S

I have shifted back to 999 plan from 888 plan.The reason was that during day timr 512kbps speed seemed very slow.Streaming would take ages.I am getting 180-190kBps at night.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Looks like the Sunday 2Mbps speeds have stabilized. I was getting un-interrupted 2Mbps speeds throughout the day. Now that I'm on the 888 plan, there is nothing else I could ask for. :D

Dude! ur always downloading 24x7, especially on Sunday's......... nothing wrong....... its just I wake up on Sunday thinking I am going to download a lot today and find tht there is nothing tht I want to download....... whole Sunday I didnt even breach 1GB....... all tht 2 Mbps power went to waste......

panzer008 said:
Dude! ur always downloading 24x7, especially on Sunday's......... nothing wrong....... its just I wake up on Sunday thinking I am going to download a lot today and find tht there is nothing tht I want to download....... whole Sunday I didnt even breach 1GB....... all tht 2 Mbps power went to waste......

LoL exactly same thing here. !

Saw an AD in the paper which said MTNL has revised timings for Night Plans to 8pm to 8pm. Just checked on their website and this is what it says :S

* Night period starts from 10 PM to 8 AM, 8PM to 8AM (festival season offer effective upto 30th Sep'2011).

Is 30 Sept a typo? shouldnot it be 30 Aug :p

The quality depends on the wiring from your house to the exchange and also the distance. The best way to check will be someone within your own building.

They also have a plan which is meant for testing the triband connection valid for a month with limited bandwidth. Since they give the modem on rent and you won't have to buy one, you can try that out.

If u stay at andheri don't even look at mtnl fivenet and many cable operators provide upto 10mbps plan at 1.5k per month

guys.. is MTNL fkng around with the DNS etc??

All of a sudden my torrents went dead.. doesnt matter which site.. uTorrent simply does not get any incoming traffic. Port forwarding is not an issue.. ports are open & no errors reported.

I'm on Open DNS settings and still nothing works..

anyone else in Mumbai have a problem?

Back