MTNL Triband Unlimited in Mumbai?

Breaking news!!

Connected at 16kbps, i.e. 2kbps download speed theoretically. :yahoo:

I think it's time i shifted to my USR dial-up modem- it gives me 40kbps(5-6kbps dwnld speed) minimum. :D

i have applied for NU Plan ( New Connection )They told me wait period is 2 month min.... is there any ref so tht i can be done early . 20 days already passed

Maybe we could become citizen journalist of CNN-IBN&report this matter...maybe next day MTNL reduces triband tarifs for mumbai....:D

TechHead said:
Bump. Any updates on pricing? Any changes anytime soon?

Nopez Diwali gone by and as of nothing has changed yet:mad: :mad: and CJ for CNN-IBN definately sounds good coz they help us to meet the respective heads and air our problems directly to them:)

Its all about the competition , in Delhi there are atleast 4-5 ISP's in each area , so MTNL had to give lower tariffs but still being a government ISP , they have to have standard rates throughout the country , look at BSNL , they have same plans for the entire country , right from kerala to jammu and kashmir , and they cant have same tariffs for two metro cities :no:

I was earlier paying 700 pm for 128 kbps cable net . Now shifted to MTNl TriB 512 kbps U/L Combo 1.3k pm + 500 calls so internet costs 800 which is a pretty good deal

spynic said:
also im gettin really bad speeds of about 120kbps on the 849_NU :mad:

bloody tech support says "server is down".. will be up soon...

now thats a standard statement for any frikin problem.!!!

I desperately need a new ISP. Hathway have absolute monopoly in my area near Mazagaon and MTNL's plans just dont help. The only advantage is Hathways plans are reasonably priced, but its an equal tradeoff in a way because their call centre sucks, co-ordination with their backend is horrible, downtimes are long and frequent (of late i've had downtimes that last for 24-36hrs and excuses to the extent that some "Server problem"/"area problem"/electricty has gone/RF signal problem/equipment stolen!!! LMFAO!!

and boy are their service guys arrogant... you call their backend service people and they are absolutely... nahi maloom... call centre mein phone karo.. complaint number lo... phir dekhege.. ... yeah right... thats if their damn call centre guys answer the bloody phone!

Guys and gals,
Me and TheIndian will be starting a signature campaign very soon.
He was telling me that while the triband unltd plan was for Rs.2500/- here and Rs.799/- in New Delhi, it's been reduced there to just 600/- or so recently.

Now that's adding insult to injury and enough is enough. :(

Mumbai has a far bigger subscriber base afaik and we deserve lower rates, than Delhi for sure. :cool2:

Will be starting a new thread and will post a draft of the letter.
People are requested to volunteer and collect signatures.
These will be collected and mailed to MTNL Mumbai and Delhi offices along with copies sent to TRAI and any other govt bodies. :)

More bandwidth is our birthright and we shall have it. :hap2:

Back