MTNL Triband Unlimited in Mumbai?

Hey Bikey. What is the status with this issue? Is the signature campaign still on? I want to hop on too.
I just saw this thread. I have been following up with MTNL on this issue. Called the Broadband GM at Prabhadevi Phone 24310645. Got only his PA. She says there are different plans for Mumbai and Delhi :mad: as if I didn't notice.
Then she tells me that there is some discussion on to reduce the unlimited tariff to rs. 1000/- but it will take some time.

Yea man let us know more bout the campaign .. even i am on the 849 nu plan nd would love to get rid of the hassles of rebooting ,scripting etc... after all finally no script can switch off your electrical switches..

I have a timer based device purchased in germany . has a 15 min least count and a dial of 24 hours. . Its electo-mechanical. Cost 2 Euro ie. 120 bucks.
Works great.

I think we should highlight this isuue of injustice to Mumbai subscribers in the press. They may take it seriously in the present circumstances when people are a little sensitive about Mumbai being taken for a ride.

Emil said:
I think we should highlight this isuue of injustice to Mumbai subscribers in the press. They may take it seriously in the present circumstances when people are a little sensitive about Mumbai being taken for a ride.

+1,

Print & visual media is best to highlight the issue for Justice (BSN v/s MTNL). Many of TE members have good contacts with Journalists & other media partners.

I request them to help. :)

we realy need bsnl in mumbai..

wid mtnl's monopoly in landline..many ppl hav no choice bt 2b dependant on the crappy service..which will nvr get better widout bsnl competing wid it.

mtnl takes atleast 1month 2 provide triband service..even to existing landline subscribers.

madnav said:
we realy need bsnl in mumbai..

wid mtnl's monopoly in landline..many ppl hav no choice bt 2b dependant on the crappy service..which will nvr get better widout bsnl competing wid it.

mtnl takes atleast 1month 2 provide triband service..even to existing landline subscribers.

Rofl BSNL competing with MTNL?

MTNL and BSNL used to be one and in a way they still are, before Ministry of Telecoms decided that they should operate separately. BSNL and MTNL can never operate in the same state or city competing with each other. Though MTNL is only limited to Delhi and Mumbai (I think) while BSNL covers rest of India.

I am guessing MTNL is really good here in Delhi coz its a Political state? Service is real good too.

oh have to say 1 more thing. Mumbai MTNL Broadband Prices are really shocking btw. Looking at the prices 1st thing that comes to my mind is when Broadband was launched in India. We used to have similar prices for low speeds :p

Here's what I have done.
Visit RTI Complaint & Appeal and file a complaint.
The text of my complaint is:
I am a subsciber of MTNL Triband internet service.
I note that MTNL severely discriminates against its Mumbai subscribers by charging them very high rates as against the rates charged for Delhi customers.
One example is the unlimited use tariff which is Rs. 599/- for Delhi customers while it is Rs. 2500/- for Mumbai.
Besides this, Delhi customers are offered many schemes that are not available for Mumbai customers.
Please also note that BSNL offers excellent tariff for the rest of the country. So finally it is only the Mumbai customers that suffer this injustice.
For Ministry Department, select Ministry of Communication & Information Technology.
For Department, select Department of Telecommunication.
For Organisation, select Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
I had problems posting this complaint using Firefox or Chrome. It only worked with IE 7.
I suggest as many of us as possible should file similar complaints so TRAI will take notice. Let us hope we get some action.

It is just business for them, they know that we need them more than they need us! Even if we surrender our connection and take up Airtel (which has limited coverage), it won't affect them much if they lose a single subscriber.

$#@$#@nk said:
It is just business for them, they know that we need them more than they need us! Even if we surrender our connection and take up Airtel (which has limited coverage), it won't affect them much if they lose a single subscriber.
I agree. Its a total time waste to file a complaint. Instead you should look for a better ISP , but then again thts my view.

Back