mtnl triband users...need urgent help...plzzzz

raksrules

Elite
ps: sorry for creating a new thread

Two days back i had got the MT882 modem at my home. I had applied for 999 UL plan. No technician came to my house. I did all the connections but the ADSL light kept on blinking and it was not showing any connection. when i connected the LAN cable the LAN light did not come
i restarted the laptop and LAN light came but after logging onto windows it went off again and it was not showing any connectivity. So connected using USB cable and it showed limited connectivity. But i just opened google and it opened.
first thing i did was do a speedtest and found the following :huh:

Now my question are

1. why is the LAN not working ???
2. i have 6 parallel lines in my home and just tried this by connection to one of them after removing phones from other lines. i think parallel lines will cause problem.
3. Most imp...how do i see what plan i am in and where to see it. i have not been provided with any user id or password:huh:

^Your user ID is your home phone number & the password if your Customer A/C number (it should be on your bill). You can log into register.mtnl.net.in to check your a/c details as well as your usage.

Congrats !!!! u got 2mbps speed on 999 plan !!! enjoy :D
btw u can check on register.mtnl.net.in site for ur plan and ur account info.

Ethan_Hunt said:
^Your user ID is your home phone number & the password if your Customer A/C number (it should be on your bill). You can log into register.mtnl.net.in to check your a/c details as well as your usage.

i put my user name as home phone number and its says invalid user name 2898xxxx

open the modem page.. 192.168.1.1 i think..admin admin or admin password or something.and see whats entered into the username and password field..using those details you can check your a/c on the mtnl site..
You could use something like a IE Password revealer to find out your password..it is usually the CA number.
maybe you have been assigned an @a ID.
try entering your phone no. followed by @a and then your CA no. in the mtnl site

i contacted 1504 and they told me to put @a after my number. i checked on their website and it shows

Pack Name Trib_Unlimited_256Kbps

so it is confirmed i m on the 999 UL plan

Enjoy 2mbps ka speeds untill they fix it :D most likely month end or something..

Put a splitter on each line and it won't cause any issue. They can be bought at a decent hardware store..

Guys....using torrents i get download speed between 170 and 200 kBps (capital B) but when downloading from rapidshare links i am getting very low speeds of 35 to 50 kBps only. Any clue about this ?

nope dude....free user :)

but when i was downloading first part the speeds went beyond 120 kBps but for second and all later parts it came down :(

hmm..it surely isnt an mtnl issue then...
btw..great for you, getting 2mbps on your 999 plan...
ive been using triband since 2-3 years...am in the same locality as you..and still im stuck at 256...(with the same plan...)
must be an old-server/new-server thing...[SIGH]

^^can it be because of the modem ???

i am totally noob when it comes to modem and routers. if this is because of the modem i better not change it :)

I am facing an issue with utorrent. The green tick at bottom does not come initially. I have to do the following every time

go to 192.168.1.1 to access router setting and under advanced i need to enable uPnP every time.. it does not get saved after i reset my modem. any way i can enable it permanently??
Find below the screenshot

actually i was reading about port forwarding for my modem (MT882) on TE and found that i do not need to actually do port forwarding but just enable uPnP in both uTorrent and router also. After enabling uPnP my torrent downloads work fine.

Back