Mtnl u/l plans speed query

techno_guy said:
^^ No Its manual
Have you configured uTorrent or any other Bittorrent client you're using to use the forwarded port? Also uncheck the 'randomize port each start' option in Preferences->Connection in uTorrent.

i have the 495 combo plan and have been really lucky all this while.

since i subscribed in march the speed has been 1.2Mbps.

REcently MTNL installed a exchange neare to my house shifted my connection and changed my phone numebr and now i get 2.4Mbps (tranlsated to about 240kBps downloads in utorrent. )

I am actually supposed to be get 320 kbps. (40kBps downloads speeds) :B

Sorry for the late reply, i forgot i posted here.

The thing is, i installed a bandwidth monitor to keep track of how much I was downloading, and yes, I did exceed the limit (1.5GB only...) but not by the amount MTNL says on my bill.

I was charged over Rs.1000 extra (according to the software's usage data). I contacted MTNL and they said that it was probably because I forgot to switch off and on the modem at 12:00. This is a convenient excuse they have been using for the last few years and I don't know what to do...

If they had some sort of indicator that the 'free download' time has started, then I can avoid this, but MTNL won't bother....

as for my 2mbps speed, it seems to be going at 200KBps as it is supposed to so that's fine.

Also, whenever my phone rings, my internet gets disconnected... I have that splitter box and I have no idea why its doing this....

If anyone has any solution to this 'night-time switching on-off' problem, please do say so.

eptheta said:
Sorry for the late reply, i forgot i posted here.

The thing is, i installed a bandwidth monitor to keep track of how much I was downloading, and yes, I did exceed the limit (1.5GB only...) but not by the amount MTNL says on my bill.

I was charged over Rs.1000 extra (according to the software's usage data). I contacted MTNL and they said that it was probably because I forgot to switch off and on the modem at 12:00. This is a convenient excuse they have been using for the last few years and I don't know what to do...

If they had some sort of indicator that the 'free download' time has started, then I can avoid this, but MTNL won't bother....

as for my 2mbps speed, it seems to be going at 200KBps as it is supposed to so that's fine.

Also, whenever my phone rings, my internet gets disconnected... I have that splitter box and I have no idea why its doing this....

If anyone has any solution to this 'night-time switching on-off' problem, please do say so.

Make sure you check the timing on the usage site. The server works according to that timing. So if it's 10pm on the site, you're good to download (after router restart). When I was on night unlimited, I made sure I started the download 30 minutes late and ended it 30 minutes early.

I was charged 900 bucks more cause they're site accounted the usage even though the session time was after midnight. They did nothing about it giving the same reason - you must have kept your router on.

Back