Much Controversy Over Google's Accelerator

well czar, the thing was that among the webmaster community, it is widely being seen as a suspicious move from google. Also at present there have been reports of security risks associated with this. (the username coming different case)
As a total precaution until more comes out on this and the situtaion becomes clearer, a preventive step was taken. It doesn't mean it will remain. It just means we will wait for more to come out on this before we are comfortable with it.
hope this answers your query.

Don't compare this to gmail.
Back then it was obviuos what was going on - they were COPUTER scanning our mail.
This is something else - the entie world's traffic going thru them, and they are not maintaining security? And there are enuf users over the world who have posted about it for us to be wary of it.
Remember, ur ISP does not log everything u do.
An anonymous proxy (paid ones) claim to delete everything to maintain anonymity (ie they do not keep records themselves, except for your IP at most).
Google on the other hand professes not to - they cache everything. And that their program is buggy is quite logical. If they do not keep multiple copies of a page then obviously we will alll see the same page, if we use the same link. Which we undoubtdely will for non https or random string addresses.

Well Google has come up with a cropper here. But I dont blame them, what makes you think your identity is safe !!! Infact I know this guy who sells databases accuired through the information you logged with your ISP, online banking etc all is at sale fellas, that ways we should block out IT altogether.

Well, there are no laws in India about such things.
But selling online banking info is illegalin India.
As for ISPs, well there is limited marketing data they collect. Theycan't actually see what you are doing and record it, that would be like your phone company recording your conversations. But I think that the time is not far when we shall all be using entirely encrypted connections at this rate.

But selling online banking info is illegalin India.
As for ISPs, well there is limited marketing data they collect. Theycan't actually see what you are doing and record it, that would be like your phone company recording your conversations. But I think that the time is not far when we shall all be using entirely encrypted connections at this rate.

The laws and official support is not effective at all. Infact what makes you think your resume in job portals is safe from marketing database, think of it all your details as well as your no. as well as your salary details in the hand of a marketer..

Infact what makes you think your resume in job portals is safe from marketing database, think of it all your details as well as your no. as well as your salary details in the hand of a marketer..
Never assumed that was safe. Indeed that is info u make public.
As for banks, well let me tell u that they have strict laws. And they can't be violated whole sale. Tho of course clerks do some hera pheri once in a while, it won't amount to that much.

Back