Multi sim user, need help to shift to single sim

aniruddh23

Recruit
Hi, I have been using 2 sim cards for over 5 years now. All my bank data, login credentials are split between the two.
Had to go shopping for a new phone it seemed that multiple sims is a feature soon to go the way of the dodo at least in the mid-range section.
Also getting tired of paying for two plans anyway.
So am looking for a way to find all the resources that are connected to my phone number. Bank data is easier to track but long-forgotten emails etc are a bit harder.
Would be great if you can share some tips on how to proceed.

You can also port your one sim to MTNL/BSNL for cheap validity recharge. I was a single sim user who have recently shifted to dual sim. I got a MTNL SIM and shifted all the official documents to this number. I pay Rs. 149 for 1 year validity recharge. I will suggest you to go this route and save the hassle.

You can also port your one sim to MTNL/BSNL for cheap validity recharge. I was a single sim user who have recently shifted to dual sim. I got a MTNL SIM and shifted all the official documents to this number. I pay Rs. 149 for 1 year validity recharge. I will suggest you to go this route and save the hassle.
I have this fear/feeling that multi sim phones might become a bit difficult to acute in the next few years. Most phones I saw were single sim.

I have this fear/feeling that multi sim phones might become a bit difficult to acute in the next few years. Most phones I saw were single sim.
Are you not in India? AFAIK most phones back here are dual sim. Which phones are you targeting that are single sim?

Are you not in India? AFAIK most phones back here are dual sim. Which phones are you targeting that are single sim?
Most phones that did have multi sim seemed to be the hybrid type. Sim or sd card. Not sim + sim + sd card.
Looking at the other replies it seems I am having tunnel vision and need to broaden my search.

Most phones that did have multi sim seemed to be the hybrid type. Sim or sd card. Not sim + sim + sd card.
Looking at the other replies it seems I am having tunnel vision and need to broaden my search.
AFAIK,

It was the situation but not anymore.

Now a days you will see dual sim + memory card option.

Were you looking at Motorola? They seem to be having a lot of hybrid ones. The others mostly have SIMs and SD slot separate. Of course exceptions are there.

I used to use MTNL earlier but ported to jio due to no network coverage in my area around 2016. Now I am thinking to swap back to MTNL as I hardly use net on Jio and just receive calls, is it necessary to charge MTNL for validity? @TinTinSnowy

Earlier SIMs of MTNL auto extend validity and don't cut calls if not recharged like Jio and Airtel do.

I used to use MTNL earlier but ported to jio due to no network coverage in my area around 2016. Now I am thinking to swap back to MTNL as I hardly use net on Jio and just receive calls, is it necessary to charge MTNL for validity? @TinTinSnowy

Earlier SIMs of MTNL auto extend validity and don't cut calls if not recharged like Jio and Airtel do.
Rs. 149 for a year validity is cheap.

I too am going to shift to mtnl for my secondary and tertiary Sims and activate for a year .
Jio is the most expensive . Second is airtel . Vodafone slightly behind airtel .
Mtnl is cheaper to keep active .

Hi, I have been using 2 sim cards for over 5 years now. All my bank data, login credentials are split between the two.
Had to go shopping for a new phone it seemed that multiple sims is a feature soon to go the way of the dodo at least in the mid-range section.
Also getting tired of paying for two plans anyway.
So am looking for a way to find all the resources that are connected to my phone number. Bank data is easier to track but long-forgotten emails etc are a bit harder.
Would be great if you can share some tips on how to proceed.

Your premise that dual SIM phones will disappear is baseless.

Your intent to consolidate bank & other id's related stuff under a single SIM is essential. Focus on that.

Back