Musk strikes a deal for twitter

so I don't see how twitter will enforce free speech in countries without free speech, where they are forced to remove anything the government sees as "dangerous".
Twitter isn't allowed in those countries to begin with. The effect is on democracies and having to deal with twitter's select board that decides what is acceptable or not whether you are a govt officer makes no difference.
even if he fails, it will be worth watching. meanwhile, meltdown of who hate free speech is amazing to watch.
Let's review after a year how things play out.

but his goal seems impossible. free speech is different from country to country, so I don't see how twitter will enforce free speech in countries without free speech, where they are forced to remove anything the government sees as "dangerous".
He has already clarified that free speech means something which is allowed by law of the land.

He basically won't allow 'cancel' culture to take over twitter anymore. People won't be banned for being politically incorrect or insensitive or hurting the sentiments of the 'woke' society.

He is just another egotistical maniac being worshipped by people who dream to become like him.
Unfortunately these worshipper are everywhere in the corporate crowd - and one cannot utter a word against them unless you intend to go back to your village and start farming (heck even that will be controlled by corporates soon - like in US)

From this takeover. Considering Tesla's massive investments. The biggest winner is China (CCP). Now they will be able to wield a bigger stick to silence dissent against them.

He basically won't allow 'cancel' culture to take over twitter anymore. People won't be banned for being politically incorrect or insensitive or hurting the sentiments of the 'woke' society.
That is the expectation. Let's see if it works out that way.

This is why i said review after a year. There are fears and there are expectations. Whether things pan out as people think remains to be seen.

We are discussing politics. Musk is a businessman not a politician. He is looking to make a profit.

What are his plans ? hold on and shape public discourse or just make a quick buck.

The former is a bigger ask. There will be pushback and controversy. The liberal media who are the present gatekeepers of information will be bashing him on a regular basis.

This liberal media is the reason this acquisition is news. Up to their usual fear mongering.

If its the latter i don't see how he can do that by going against mainstream American culture that is slowly becoming more woke.

Last edited:
Koo.... ahahahaha
Would you say that about RuPay too ?

The intent behind is the same as Koo ;)

Musk's monetization plan, looks legit. Hope he brings balance to the discourse, The moderation there is clearly biased.
Everything in that presentation is about making profits.

Not a thing about how Musk will change twitter's character ie. moderation etc.

Last edited:
Would you say that about RuPay too ?

The intent behind is the same as Koo ;)

Everything in that presentation is about making profits.

Not a thing about how Musk will change twitter's character ie. moderation etc.
Like YouTube got its add free/adds via payments, Facebook through its various groups selling/buying via payments, Twitter is also going to become another source of his income. That's all.

He is just another egotistical maniac being worshipped by people who dream to become like him.
Unfortunately these worshipper are everywhere in the corporate crowd - and one cannot utter a word against them unless you intend to go back to your village and start farming (heck even that will be controlled by corporates soon - like in US)
If the above is true, then it just proves my point about this turd.

If the above is true, then it just proves my point about this turd.
I would not say he is pulling out. More like negotiating the asking price. Wouldn't you do the same thing?

This is why I said review after one year. There are many things that can happen within that time frame.

This article is just another one to speculate about the future. Like earlier ones that assumed the buy was a done deal.

Yup, considering the Nasdaq crash, the original price looks to be too high. He probably bid so high, to force the board to accept, so that he could start doing due diligence since he now gets access to internal documents etc. He probably has some insider info about such flaws too.

Don't think you can become the world's richest man without knowing to play such games.lol. The funniest part is the misguided attack by the democratic media wing, calling Elon unintelligent, trying to smear him and make him look weak.

Well, he has definitely pulled out now. Talk about a storm in a teacup.

Now Musk and Trump have a catfight going on :chicken:

Elon don't have good rapo with either side of political parties, nor he is a king maker. No, providing starlink to Ukraine war efforts didn't help him win any support from the woke left. He just made more enemies in the process it seems, got kicked out of ESG (another murky setup) rating.
Rather, focusing on his own business which will be met with fierce competition in medium term future will give tons of productive results.

As for Trump, world would need loads and loads of pop corns, should be betting on corn futures now :)
One thing about the whole election episode after Trump entered the run is that, the process exposed how murky and low the political system there is, to world to see. Probably the reason why many hate him, exposes their nasty side to the entire world.

Back