My First Android - LG Optimus One P500

Thanks everyone..!! :)

Figured out almost everything today, tested geotagging, gps, wifi etc etc.

Installed Angry Birds, an racing game(wow it's great experience).

Any more apps that an android user must have??

BTW how do you guys post the screen shot?? I mean how to you printscreen on android??

Yup, ATK is a great app and really handy.

^^Yes, but no one here is caring about warranty, as you won't need that in Android devices. Otherwise there wouldn't be much hype for ZTE Blade :)

Well, if you care don't root it..!! As I din't rooted it yet, and not planning to do the same in near future :p

BTW you can always unroot it.

Refer XDA :D

^^Well, no connection theoretically :p but people are not caring about that in android devices, as they are using Custom ROM, which automatically voids warranty.

So if you handle the phone in right way, you won't need that.

Though as I said, it's completely personal preference, as I'm caring about warranty so I didn't rooted my phone yet. And I really didn't got any reason yet to root it. ShootMe was a concern for me, which is amazing working fine without rooting on LG Optimus One, and for few other phones too.

krishnandu said:
^^Well, no connection theoretically :p but people are not caring about that in android devices, as they are using Custom ROM, which automatically voids warranty.

Though as I said, it's completely personal preference, as I'm caring about warranty so I didn't rooted my phone yet. And I really didn't got any reason yet to root it. ShootMe was a concern for me, which is amazing working fine without rooting on LG Optimus One, and for few other phones too.
You do realize that it is possible to get back to stock and get warranty if necessary right?

You are missing on a lot of things by not resorting to rooting and custom roms.

And dont think of doing this after the end of warranty period, the device maybe outdated by then.

madnav said:
You do realize that it is possible to get back to stock and get warranty if necessary right?

You are missing on a lot of things by not resorting to rooting and custom roms.

And dont think of doing this after the end of warranty period, the device maybe outdated by then.

Well is it really possible to get back to stock roms

But't won't the service center people come to know that it was actually rooted with

techno_guy said:
Well is it really possible to get back to stock roms

But't won't the service center people come to know that it was actually rooted with
The question would be to ask whether they know what rooting is.

they will probably flash to stock 1st..

the service center guys check if the physical condition is good; they do not have time to inspect software. They request users to backup data so that they can go ahead and flash stock rom to begin with.

If that doesn't solve the issue then they go ahead with analyzing h/w faults.

This is a pretty common protocol to most service center for malfunctions in operation that they are not aware of.

So get back to root and that all.

btw root is getting permission to modify/add system files/applications etc. Think of it as an Admin account on a PC. All it will do is add some files to system. This can be removed easily without them knowing.

^^You are welcome. Well, if you are an Linux user, then the tutorials will be more smooth for you.

Though all the tutorials there are written in step by step like spoon feeding, so even a noob like me can get it well :p

@Madnav, BTW What am I missing?? Please clear it :D

krishnandu said:
^^You are welcome. Well, if you are an Linux user, then the tutorials will be more smooth for you.

Though all the tutorials there are written in step by step like spoon feeding, so even a noob like me can get it well :p

@Madnav, BTW What am I missing?? Please clear it :D
previous reply was aimed at

krishnandu said:

The root shall allow you to remove bloat and let you take control of what you want to do with your hardware with custom roms. i would try it just for the sake of knowing the possibilities even if i did not need it :p

Rooting the phone opens new door of possibilities. And if you don't root, then you are not getting the full android experience.
Just saying:p

Hmm...will try Custom ROM's.

:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW guys, On my phone it shows an update is available v10c_00 but when I try to update through LG PC Suite it shows "there is no update available".

Anyone faced the same thing??

Back