My First Car !!!

jesal said:
your gear box is not correct facing. its for right hand drive.

Yes i too was surprised that the button was on other side :S

Seems any of the previous owner must have got it changed or done some sort of repair etc. Not sure.

May be next time i go for the maintenance, i will get it changed to face my side. Let see.

Great First Car mate,You got good Choice.Love the Paint job

633730110082992810-awesome.jpg

Was the typical '90s look a Deciding Factor? IMO Please don't Spoil the Look with Decals Or anything It Looks Like Julia Stiles of the '90s already :p

*feels nostalgic and mouths the Mowgli Song

^^Being in USA for just 2 months and not having enough cash to buy a new car, the deciding factors were...

Brand-Model: Toyota-Camry, Toyota-Corolla, Honda-Accord, Honda-Civic, Nissan-Altima, Nissan-Sentra

Price: Under 5000 $

Mileage: Under 150,000 Miles

Revolution said:
Congrats! :)

BTW,US safer than India for driving ?....

I guess yes, but i really did not have driving experience in India. Just rode bike in India. Just that people here follow rules mostly and keep lanes which makes driving easier.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
Congrats Rakshit! :)

For how long are you going to be there in the US of A?

Not sure yet. Till next May i guess as of now.

boogeyman said:
Congrats on your purchase!!! Now finally you're free of the Amway guy :D

Yes thats the best part. I can now listen to radio and my music in the car rather than the so called motivational amway crap :D

raksrules said:
Yes thats the best part. I can now listen to radio and my music in the car rather than the so called motivational amway crap :D

you can offer him ride in your car & play some ans from TE of that "amway" thread ;)

Revolution said:
Congrats! :)
BTW,US safer than India for driving ?....

Depends. In 99% of the cases, yes. But the drivers in America are not used to dealing with anything unexpected on the roads. Reaction times for most are not as good as what is required to survive on the roads in India.

greenhorn said:
oi where in TX are you :)

I am located in Plano, TX

Btw people here, help this car noob with a query :ashamed:

I have a query regarding the Anti-theft system of the car. I recently was sitting in my car with only the radio (FM) on and the key plugged in. Then with radio on, as soon as i rotated the key one more time (so that power windows and AC would start working, not starting the car though), the anti-theft thing kicked in and the car horn started blaring with all lights blinking.

I frantically tried to stop this by clicking the keyless entry remote buttons and it stopped eventually.

Can anyone tell me why this happened and what causes the anti theft system to kick in ??

I am confused as i am not sure if i did anything abnormal.

Back