Budget 51-70k My first Gaming PC Build. Do these things go well together?

You can't go wrong with Asus. The best is ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI which is approx. 43k but then there're even more expensive like maximus, formula and extreme you know that all.
You've already decided well, this ASUS prime z690 A is good. Compare it with asus rog strix Z690-F gaming wifi, it may be 2-4k more but if it's worth the features then it's even better.

Last edited:
The budget is a bit flexible. The more important thing is that it is future proof and I'm not spending more than i need to.

Yes the Asus board is kinda expensive but i like the specs (HDMI + Display port + Wi-Fi + DDR5 + VRM). And i really like their noise cancellation AI because i will be using this machine for video/voice recording. Plus i find Asus reliable. If there is any other board that offers all thid for cheaper I'm happy to go with it. But the future proof feature list is more important. I don't mind paying a higher one time premium for the long-term benefits.
If your plan is to eventually get an RTX card, I would say don't factor this in. Because Nvidia Broadcast will do it way better.

Looking at your current specs your build does look nice.

Things to keep in mind (from my experience) -
1. Future-proofing requires you to think about your workloads in the future as well.

2. RGB is good for aesthetics but a bit heavy on the pockets. A normal 16GB 3600 MHz Ripjaws kit goes for around 7.5k in Online. As far as I know a RGB kit goes for around 9.5k.

3. Air coolers are on par to liquid coolers if you select the right one. Only difference is noise (if you run fans in your room don't consider this), case size, aesthetics and price. The one you have is a decent cooler but it's a budget option and you can save 2.5K by getting a budget Dual tower Air Cooler for 5k (ARCTIC Freezer 50) or a high end one for around 7.5k ().

4. If you choose to go for an AIO Liquid Cooler make sure the fans that come with the case are matching the ones on the AIO else your aesthetics will suffer.

5. If you are planning for a Gen4 SSD, it won't affect your daily workloads until and unless you are a super busy content creator whose time will get wasted in editing by 10-20 mins. If your aim is future proofing, getting a Gen4 SSD isn't beneficial as current scenarios indicate that reaching those levels of data transfers will take time. Saving money here will help you get more storage. For 15k you can easily get 1TB gen3 SSD with a 1TB HDD/500GB SSD (and have some money left over for a OS SSD of 120GB if you chose to go for a budget Gen3 SSD).

6. You can use your saved money to get a better Case, SSD, Fans, an RGB light strip or even Games. Alternatively you will have around 5-7k left to invest in a better GPU.

All these are suggestions based on your starting post stating that you are going for a budget PC. Remember that saving money in one area can let use it in other areas and that some components like storage and fans can be upgraded in the future. At the end of the day it's your PC and you should decide what PC makes you happy irrespective of how much you have to spend over your budget.

So what did you go for @Digigear ?
I saw the latest announcements of the Ryzen 7000 series and i hit the abort button haha. I had actually already gotten the i7 12700k in the US to a friend. I got it for like 33k too. It was a good deal. But i ended up returning it.

I'm thinking that later this year would be a better time for me to do the build. Maybe GPU will also be down then and i can get the entire build done right then, instead of building out a system right now that would anyway not give me the stellar performance until i plug in the GPU later anyway.

I'm just super hyped for the Ryzen 7000 series. Like i wanted to go with Ryzen to begin with. So I'm very excited

Btw in the US i had ordered some mounting kits, RAM and SSD that i didn't return because they were for a good deal. I'll be selling here. So if anyone here needs RAM/SSD dm me. I'll be making a post once i have the items in hand.

Back