My first HTiB

The comments on the room outnumber the comments on the lovely speakers!!

I have been to his place. Call it a Bachelors Pad with all the latest gadgets.

Agree with a lot of people , Lovely system mate.

Just organize things a bit eg cables all hotched up together (Potentially might cause some tripping and hardware damage) :)

And in HT's ... "Jaada ho jaaye no issues kam nahi padna chaiye ;-)"

Not to rub salt on the wound hellgate but the absence of Dolby True HD and DTS HD-MA is definitely a downer, considering you have spent 44k on this system. I was assuming the system supported these formats until I read the specs on the web. Playing blu-ray content on your PS3 could have been a notch better otherwise.

With some research, you could have squeezed a decent AVR from marantz and separate satellites/sub for a little more but nvm now that you have already made the investment. Good luck! :)

^^^ I did my research before buying.

The reason why i got this :

1> I would get SONY ASS almost everywhere but for the others like Denon, Marantz etc ASS could be a problem in small towns.
2> I have only 1 original BD movie. The rest are the *ahem* stuffs which have at max Dolby/DTS EX which this receiver supports.

hellgate said:
^^^ I did my research before buying.

The reason why i got this :

1> I would get SONY ASS almost everywhere but for the others like Denon, Marantz etc ASS could be a problem in small towns.
2> I have only 1 original BD movie. The rest are the *ahem* stuffs which have at max Dolby/DTS EX which this receiver supports.
Not to be sounding silly, but what exactly are the 'ahem' stuffs? If my guess is right...I bet you cant go to 10% volume on those movies.

Poga said:
I bet you cant go to 10% volume on those movies.

Then you have lost the bet mate. These are not the 700 mb rips, but each of them avg to some 9-10GB per movie with AC3 or DTS-EX audio.

Few of the TE members have seen the same at my place.

Poga said:
Not to be sounding silly, but what exactly are the 'ahem' stuffs? If my guess is right...I bet you cant go to 10% volume on those movies.
you a member since 2007 and Yet do not know "ahem"?
I take the meaning as in BR rip.

Back