Monitors My First LCD Monitor !

^ 740N used to be a really popular panel but it's really old now, the newer tn panels are much better ... havnt tried the newer 17" but the 19" panels are much better than the 740N (I have used the 740N for a year and a 1912 viewsonic for a month or so)

I would choose samsung 740N only because I seen it in action with farcry, cs 1.6 and nfs:ug2 so it is a good performer for its price. It does make a good visible difference from the CRT. As for dell, no comments because I havent seen how dell's 17 inch performs against samsung. This is my 2 cent advice, hope it helps =)

one more thing..

doesn't a 19 " ws at its native res. require a gfx card(which i don't have) ??

i mean workin @ such a high res. with a onboard ati x1250 gfx chipset ???

and i'm running 800X600 res now..

and plz do post the specfic models & PRICES..

The Sorcerer said:
I would choose samsung 740N only because I seen it in action with farcry, cs 1.6 and nfs:ug2 so it is a good performer for its price. It does make a good visible difference from the CRT. As for dell, no comments because I havent seen how dell's 17 inch performs against samsung. This is my 2 cent advice, hope it helps =)

dude..i'm all out for the 740n!
infact..if i don get enuf cash for a 19" one,,then its gonna be the 740n or a dell 17"..

Well talking about prices..@Lamington.

740 NW - 9700
n the 19" widescreen from samsung is for 10700..
i just visited shops there 2-3 days back.

well i wld personally suggest u to go with somethin frm Dell.
reliable stuff..quite cheap..good after sales service.

though samsung is not bad at all..dunno why i have developed a liking for DELL..
the prices at which they offer LCD is simply amazin..
take the SP2008..

20" widescreen..integrated 2MP webcam and a microphone..4 USB 2.0 ports for 13530..incl of taxes n delivery..
what more do u want!

You'll be able to get the Viewsonic VA1912 (WS) for 9k...if not interested in a WS lcd, then a square one VA903B is available for 9.5k..

I'm not endorsing any brand here, just listing the 19" options u have in the 9k range..u can check em out and decide for urself....btw, these 2 models have only an analog input...

I wud suggest u to get a 19 incher from a long term point of view...rest is upto u...;)

^^:( But quite a few folks had complaints about the viewsonic after sales service..I would suggest stay away from them..If your budget is absolutely fixed get the 740N...Remember for larger resolutions you will need something better then onboard gfx

raj_pol said:
^^:( But quite a few folks had complaints about the viewsonic after sales service..I would suggest stay away from them..If your budget is absolutely fixed get the 740N...Remember for larger resolutions you will need something better then onboard gfx

yeah thnx..and is there a smasung 740 variant with both analog & dvi input?

well toxicmind

i think you wont see much difference between dvi/vga in a tn panel....my personal experience

and s-ips if too costly for ur budget

i think for that matter u better go for viewsonic 1912w without spkr and it will come with in 8300+tax 4%

which will not have dvi and will look good than a non-wide @1440x900

Back