My HTPC Setup, a humble one, but lip smacking good.

Mine HTPC Setup:

Hard ones:

1. Power Supply: VX450 ~ 3150
  2. Processor: E2180 ~ 2900
  3. RAM: Corsair 2 GB. ~ 1800
  4. MB: Asus P5GC-MX/1333 (SPDIF) ~ 2400
  5. HD: 350 GB Sata - Seagate ~ 2500
  6. GPU: PALiT NE/9600T+0152 GeForce 9600 GT 512MB (HDMI/HDCP/SPDIF) ~ 4200 [USA]
  7. Capture Card: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 PCI TV Tuner with Remote Control ~ 1500 [TE]
  8. Crappy Cabinet (Cause the PC will be shelved in a Book shelve, hence wont be visible) [Inspired from here: http://eirikso.com/2006/02/03/the-silence-of-the-fans/ ] ~ 600
  9. USB WIFI: PN-54WUSB - 54MBPS Wireless USB Adaptor ~ 700

Total: ~ 19750

Softones:

1. Linux: Mythbuntu, Compiz (Never thought it will be so beautifull on a GPU), LinuxMCE
  2. XP: Media Portal

Pending:

1. LCD/PLASMA Display :S :S :S Decisions decisions...
  2. Stereo Bluetooth Dongle
  3. Wireless Keyboard

Tested Features:

1. Live TV Pause.
  2. Live TV Recording.
  3. Live Web Radio Streaming.
  4. You Tube ;)
  5. Movie Playback
  6. Web Surfing
  7. More to come as I test

Important

WAF: 7/10 :eek:hyeah:

I will post the pics soon...

~LT

and so u are :bleh:

Its was a 1.8Ghz 2180 re :D And I think it was 2.9 k.

The Asus board was ~ 2.3-2.4k

The 350Gb Seagate was 2.5k

This was all bought about 2-3 weeks back in pune. :)

LT, you should have let me post this in showoff, the way you remember prices :rofl:

nz, njoi :eek:hyeah:

techie_007 said:
and so u are :bleh:

Its was a 1.8Ghz 2180 re :D And I think it was 2.9 k.

The Asus board was ~ 2.3-2.4k

The 350Gb Seagate was 2.5k
This was all bought about 2-3 weeks back in pune. :)

LT, you should have let me post this in showoff, the way you remember prices :rofl:

nz, njoi :eek:hyeah:

Thanks! I knew I screwed up somewhere :ashamed:

~LT

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Show-off w/o pics!! :O

:banned: :bleh:

[/url]

Guys very sorry, I know it's a rule, however am at hometown, got some time on the hand and hence decided posting the rig details. Once am back in Pune, pics are definitely on the way.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Ahhh.... errrrr... well techie_007 is the adviser, Where the hell is he :mad: !!!! He gave me the choice, can you comment me about the better options?

~LT

Hehe...

@appo: My Bad :ashamed: The 2180 is @2ghz, so LT was right first time, got confused with the 2160 :ashamed:.

@Bikey: The Giga wasnt avl in pune with the dealers I checked with :ashamed: We could have ordered stuff from outside, but + octroi n all. It didnt seem to make much sense considering that it was quite a delayed purchase already ;) Almost same specs I guess. The Basic Asus seemed good so went with it. No OC of course on the HTPC :) + even the intel was ~ 3.1 -3.3 i think.

Cool it LT :bleh:

linuxtechie said:
Guys very sorry, I know it's a rule, however am at hometown, got some time on the hand and hence decided posting the rig details. Once am back in Pune, pics are definitely on the way.
~LT
Still in nagpur??
Where are ya assembling the rig?? Or is it alreasd assembled??:ashamed:

Why not wait till the predicted LCD price fall happens..:S
[ot]Psst--Bsnl EVDO launching next month here:eek:hyeah:
[/ot]

techie_007 said:
@Bikey: The Giga wasnt avl in pune with the dealers I checked with :ashamed: We could have ordered stuff from outside, but + octroi n all. It didnt seem to make much sense considering that it was quite a delayed purchase already . Almost same specs I guess.
On the mobo you got, DDR2 667 support while DDR2 starts showing teeth at 800 abd above iirc- makes a difference i think. :)
Plus a new, evolved chipset with better performance.
And 45nm support iirc.
Plus onboard is far superior, GMA3100 vs GMA950- just in case you need a standby- i know both suck but 3100 sucks less. :rofl:
And how come you didn't check with the guru from Pune- he would have located one i think. :p
Ever since he has told me about the EG31, when i was looking for cheap mobos with dual channel, i am feeling like getting it- if i ever go C2D i.e. :ashamed:

In fact, for people who need fast C2D rigs, have the moolah to spend and don't want to OC, i am thinking of pairing the E7200/E8400/Q6600 with EG31 and 8600GT and higher gfx cards.
Good enough at stock imho.
But only if using discrete gfx cards and no OC (though it has some OCing capability, depending on the chip). :p
And quite cheap, so buy a new one if you wish no downtime- just in case one needs to rma the mobo. :p

Party Monger said:
Still in nagpur??

[/ot]

Nope man, got in Nagpur about a day back, am leaving back on Monday with my kid.

The rig is in Pune right now... am missing it already... :( But not that much, am having fun time with my kid.

EVDO ahh cool news man, any idea about the rates?

Yup am gonna wait for LCD, as I said, its just decisions decisions.

~LT

Party Monger said:
Still in nagpur??

[/ot]

1. its already assembled by him ;) Using an old CRT for now till he buys a new TV :eek:hyeah:

2. On EVDO, yes, even a frnd of mine says bsnl guy is coming over to his place to try it out :)

@linux-You married?:O

Evdo is 550 for the plan @2mbps ul and abt 4k for the modem if purchased or 200 as rent..So comes to 750..Same as 256kbps ul..
The things is that the damn thing depends on the towers and signals, u need to be in 3km radius for full speed..:(thats wat the guys at bsnl said..

Yeah they allow u to test by sending someone over..the guy told me to come after a month and he'l send a guy with me to check the speeds and all..
check the broadband section for evdo thread..check out cisco's torrent speed..

Back