My HTPC Setup, a humble one, but lip smacking good.

Party Monger said:
@linux-You married?:O

Why man! Did I gave you the shocker of life? Hmmm, I had to be married, been with my girl for last 13 years or odd, her mom won't like my singleton status, got married 4 years back, then her mom won't like us just being couple, in fact, had hell lot of pressure from everyone, so we became parents this June. I guess many here would have the same story. Yup we both started in Nagpur.

Party Monger said:
Evdo is 550 for the plan @2mbps ul and abt 4k for the modem if purchased or 200 as rent..So comes to 750..Same as 256kbps ul..

The things is that the damn thing depends on the towers and signals, u need to be in 3km radius for full speed..:(thats wat the guys at bsnl said..

Yeah they allow u to test by sending someone over..the guy told me to come after a month and he'l send a guy with me to check the speeds and all..

check the broadband section for evdo thread..check out cisco's torrent speed..

Lipsmacking I would say... Keep posted how it goes about?

~LT

Ah..excellent:)

Err update ur age in profile..haha..j/k
Ya ofcourse will keep everyone updated..IF i get it, wil do a hugeeee review for sure..Bloody 2mbps ul whole day for 750!!!!wooot..
And dont forget it'l be portable..Plugs into the usb..

anyway enough OT..

Enjoy your showoff..
Excellent config you got there..:)

Party Monger said:
Ah..excellent:)

Err update ur age in profile..haha..j/k
Ya ofcourse will keep everyone updated..IF i get it, wil do a hugeeee review for sure..Bloody 2mbps ul whole day for 750!!!!wooot..
And dont forget it'l be portable..Plugs into the usb..

anyway enough OT..

Enjoy your showoff..
Excellent config you got there..:)

OT but, 750 for 2mbps UL :O I am renting my next house within range of one of those towers :eek:hyeah:

techie_007 said:
OT but, 750 for 2mbps UL :O I am renting my next house within range of one of those towers :eek:hyeah:

Another OT:

Nextime we are gonna find techie_007 lurking around the homes that have bsnl towers (instead of girls)... :rofl:

~LT

linuxtechie said:
Another OT:

Nextime we are gonna find techie_007 lurking around the homes that have bsnl towers (instead of girls)... :rofl:

~LT
Now thats actually an interesting thought. Unsecured wifi anyone?:devil2:

/Ot
Yeah really worth it..
By the way its already launched in pune!!! They give trial at your place too!!!
Go check up at your nearest bsnl main office:)

Party Monger said:
/Ot
Yeah really worth it..
By the way its already launched in pune!!! They give trial at your place too!!!
Go check up at your nearest bsnl main office:)

a friend asked them for it. For the last 10 days the guys been promising that he ll come to test it at his place :rofl: still waiting..... :p

Dark Star said:
Congrats :) Nice to see Linux MCE working ! DO you have remote ? If yes does it work out of the box it any of them ?

Please post OS SS :)

Thanks! Yeah man, the remote works without any issue. In fact many have posted success on many forums on the net. Yup, SS are sure going to follow.

~LT

cong nice htpc setup pls post more photos of u cabinet and show off cable management :p

also even zebroincs nf 7050 nvidia cost only 1900 r.s cheap but fair better than gma 1300:rofl:

techie_007 said:
a friend asked them for it. For the last 10 days the guys been promising that he ll come to test it at his place :rofl: still waiting..... :p

What else do u expect with bsnl..:p

The guy must be running around testing at various places..:rofl:

Ask your friend to go to bsnl office and catc the guy as soon as he comes..thats sureshot way to get the work done with bsnl..;)

Party Monger said:
What else do u expect with bsnl..:p

The guy must be running around testing at various places..:rofl:

Ask your friend to go to bsnl office and catc the guy as soon as he comes..thats sureshot way to get the work done with bsnl..;)

he did go...the guy wasnt avl in office :rofl: keeps saying he ll come......

My frnd got frustrated and said to me: hes behaving like a govt employee....then he realised that the guy IS a govt employee :rofl:

techie_007 said:
he did go...the guy wasnt avl in office :rofl: keeps saying he ll come......
My frnd got frustrated and said to me: hes behaving like a govt employee....then he realised that the guy IS a govt employee :rofl:

:lol:

TRy getting him early..Must be coming for the roll..thats what i do..Even if they do slip out,they have to think of wonderfull excuses for doing so..:p

mod-the-pc said:
HTPC without speakers ??? :no:

Hmm, mine constraints are:

1. Least possible wires. (Thanks HDMI, this was easy)
2. No big speakers, nothing thats going to take space. (I finally lost on this). Hence use the ones thats from LCD/PLASMA.
3. No way the CPU should be visible (No point using any bling bling cabinet).
4. Keyboard and mouse will not be visible other than special circumstances (can live with, with the remote).

So, in a nutshell, once the LCD is here, so will be the speaker... such is the life. :ashamed:

~LT

Back