My HTPC Setup, a humble one, but lip smacking good.

Ok guys,

After many reading and discussions, its LCD.

Why?

1. Living room is very well lit (during the day) and night as well.

2. Of course with load shedding prevailing need to think of power usage, hence plasma is out of the way.

3. Details, plasma cant keep up with LCD.

Any suggestions for LCD 40"?

~LT

Update:

Added Sunbeam corp contact freezer from KMD @ 2k.

Benefits:

More WAF - No more Stock cooler fan noise while watching movies. (Yeah the disk makes noise :mad: )

On the fly encoding of TV channels - Max temp reduced from 55-60 to about 44 (Ambient temp 26) while in full load.

Hence now 1 hour of recording takes 1 GB (MPEG4) as compared to 4GB(MPEG2). Saving on hard disk space and hence cost. Saving of-course on time as well as now I don't have to browse and encode recordings.

~LT

Hmm nice HTPC man. Dint realize that you had one before. I wanna convert my old pc to a HTPC but the damn mobo doesnt have an AGP slot :mad:
and to top it I'm running outta space in my roomy room. Need to do some clearing up really fast for this. BTW no spkrs for the HTPC. At least two spkrs would do. :bleh:

How is linux MCE ...thr is a video on Youtube which shows Tv turning on, on its own....and all content auto detected .....can u tell me abt ur experience :)

djmykey said:
Hmm nice HTPC man. Dint realize that you had one before. I wanna convert my old pc to a HTPC but the damn mobo doesnt have an AGP slot :mad:
and to top it I'm running outta space in my roomy room. Need to do some clearing up really fast for this. BTW no spkrs for the HTPC. At least two spkrs would do. :bleh:

Yeah am using an old 2.1 with that, but no new buys.

ronnie_gogs said:
How is linux MCE ...thr is a video on Youtube which shows Tv turning on, on its own....and all content auto detected .....can u tell me abt ur experience :)

I have tried both linuxmce and mediaportal. Better HW support in xp is making me incline towards mediaportal.

Also WAF (mediaportal) > WAF(linux MCE)

~LT

Hacker said:
How about from now on you start saying LTAF more than WAF :)

techie_007 said:
His wife would change it back to WAF :bleh:

Hmmm, honestly I am thinking about it now, since you brought it up...:no:

Even though they are same, but, WAF > LTAF, so yeah as techie_007 said, it goes back to WAF. So lets keep it there. I guess this is how love is. Am not really complaining.

~LT

just do some math, measure the depth of your cabinet and go for cooler accordingly

OT : SCCF fits in antibiotic with side fan removed

Back