Audio My initial impressions of ultimate ears TF10

JH audio's JH13 pro... <drool>

and whats this talk about warranty .( my tf10 is without warranty ......IEMs usually dont go bad in proper usage) ......do they have a lifetime warranty!

strategy said:
and whats this talk about warranty .( my tf10 is without warranty ......IEMs usually dont go bad in proper usage) ......do they have a lifetime warranty!
Bro don't be so naive......all iems get spoilt or broken. You have to take extra good care of them. And especially if their worth 36k.

Gone are the days when you could jus throw your earphones in your cramped up bag and go.

Cuz these 2nd hand customs don't have any warranty. Think about it, Jerry Harvey's customs, remolded from UM in China, who would you goto for warranty if anything gets spoilt. NONE.

Otherwise there is only a one year warranty on the new pair anyways.

yea JH Audio offers u 2 years / UM offers 1 Yr, still that 20k save is very tempting for alot of us! lol u can get a high end amp for the iems in the money saved! but @ that premium, warranty is always the better option. NE1 want a kidney ??

i agree having warranty is a lot relieving ......but its better to be relieved by a $700 JH13 pro's music. :p

everyone of us ( ibet ) takes extreme care of his audio gear ...and why wouldn't he ....spent a fortune on it ( i for one have some times skipped meals to save money for gaming, audio and video stuff)
....if its wires its replaceable ....and drivers of iems are closely packed ...i doubt if they are not misused ....( water exposure, intentional opening, improper signal at high volume) they will go bad

even if there the wires are ok and there is a problem with them again remoulding them will do the trick 90% of the times ( cause in that case the problem will most probably be with the internal wiring of the IEM. drivers sont go bad unless tampered...and in iems there is very little possibility of any external agent getting to the drivers.
thats what i think ....i have not read this anywhere......thus i might be wrong!

if the difference in price is 20-30% i'd definately go for a pair with warranty ....but if the difference is greater ....f*** warranty ......bring it on!

annd if you are importing, then indian customs and postal services will take half the warranty away anyway ....i doubt i will get my HM -602 before its "30day trial period"

m s:flo is already 1.5 months old now ...and i have not touched it ....it has been being delivered!!

Times are changing . I visit TE after 4-5 days and people have purchased JH13s and HD 800 :O Congrats rich buggers :D !

strategy said:
i agree having warranty is a lot relieving ......but its better to be relieved by a $700 JH13 pro's music. :p

everyone of us ( ibet ) takes extreme care of his audio gear ...and why wouldn't he ....spent a fortune on it ( i for one have some times skipped meals to save money for gaming, audio and video stuff)

....if its wires its replaceable ....and drivers of iems are closely packed ...i doubt if they are not misused ....( water exposure, intentional opening, improper signal at high volume) they will go bad

even if there the wires are ok and there is a problem with them again remoulding them will do the trick 90% of the times ( cause in that case the problem will most probably be with the internal wiring of the IEM. drivers sont go bad unless tampered...and in iems there is very little possibility of any external agent getting to the drivers.

thats what i think ....i have not read this anywhere......thus i might be wrong!

if the difference in price is 20-30% i'd definately go for a pair with warranty ....but if the difference is greater ....f*** warranty ......bring it on!

annd if you are importing, then indian customs and postal services will take half the warranty away anyway ....i doubt i will get my HM -602 before its "30day trial period"

m s:flo is already 1.5 months old now ...and i have not touched it ....it has been being delivered!!
If you're importing, you won't have problems. They don't look like earphones, they look like hearing aids. Customs won't touch them. Atleast I don't think so.

See, there are lot of things out of your control. If one of the driver fails, or if there is too much pressure on the shell and it breaks, etc. But yeah, normally nothing should happen. lol.

Uhh.........he's getting em remolded from UM superfrag. That means only 1 year warranty.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
Times are changing . I visit TE after 4-5 days and people have purchased JH13s and HD 800 :O Congrats rich buggers :D !
No1's getting a HD800 re. Prolly jus one of your wet dreams :p

I don't think there will be any, just the 30 day refit. Thought you said there would be 1 year here,

bennysachdev said:
Uhh.........he's getting em remolded from UM superfrag. That means only 1 year warranty.

Back