Audio My initial impressions of ultimate ears TF10

i tell you ....he is all set for AKGs and UM's mage ...do not distract him!! ....save sushant save, we'll order together!

Bah...i am sick of this RE1 ....someone sell me his re1!

toxicdrift said:
benny sale!!! dont start about the re1!!!! haha cant get the sound outa my head!!! must resist buying!!!

and brendon's not helping! :p
Dude this brendon i tell yaa......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just try not thinking about the lush mids and the smooth vocals. :p

Who's getting the HD800!? I've made a couple of decent acquisitions of late, but I'm not going to jinx it till they make the trip across the pacific safely :p

Thought you were getting the TF10 remolded?

Apparently, you are. Wonder who's getting the Mage then? :p

P.S Where did you get your impressions done?

Superfrag said:
Thought you were getting the TF10 remolded?

Apparently, you are.

Was worried I'd still have a crappy midrange. Did the only sensible thing I could think of and got the JH13 pro :p ................................. 2nd hand so will have to get them re-shelled once they get here. The JH16 were just a bit more, but I'm certain I wouldn't like all that bass. 4 low drivers?! No thanks

Oooooooo Jh-Thirteeenz......you do know you won't be getting warranty on those bad boys rite.
If god forbid something would happen to those gorgeous babies your gonna really weep.

Woah ! JH-13s. !!!! :D

Unfortunately I can only imagine how they would sound considering I can't even try them out if I want to. :(

Now who the heck is getting an HD800 ?

wtf..jh13...o_O !!

best customs in one go...!! congrats ......where are you getting them remolded ( the 80$ one in the us or from UM) .....
great buy ......how much did you pay for them ?

@ esanthosh - 2 weeks for them to get to me in Singapore from NY. Then I hear about a month for UM to do the whole re-shell.

@ strategy - about usd 650 inclusive of shipping and paypal fees, then the remold cost which I believe is another 120 usd or so. So about 36k INR instead of 54k if I went direct to JHA. Heard from the a few people that'd they would sound pretty much the same if I got them direct. Although Super was saying he thinks there might be a slight difference.

Someone here in Singapore was selling the JH-16 for about 100 USD more, but I never really wanted those, despite the whole deal being a whole lot easier. The $80 people you mentioned is Fischer/Fisher Audio I think. UM molds are stunning and I'm told they have a higher record of getting the fit right the first time around, they also operate through a couple of agents in Singapore so my 30 day free refit would be easier to handle.

First off, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Secondly, I don't think the sound will be the same. The crossover will be different, even though the drivers will be the same. Also, UM is famous for their mids and highs, I HIGHLY doubt the TF10 remold will have bad mids.

Anyways, even I had the option of getting the JH13 2nd hand and remolding them, but like I said, the hassles of getting it remolded, and plus no warranty on top of that made me stay away. If by chance my JH5's stop working, or even break due to external damage(god forbid lol) I can still send them to JHA and get a new pair(in the case of latter, I will have to shell out some money, but much cheaper than buying brand new)

That said, I do plan to get a high end custom next year spring, but I'm stuck between getting the JH13 or UM Miracle. :(

Back