Audio My initial impressions of ultimate ears TF10

Guys,please suggest me some good audio ripper.No matter what I use there is some hissing sound with 320kbps mp3s.With FLACs they are significantly less sometimes inaudible to my ears.

@red dragon Foobar+lame should do.

@karan Dont get foam tips, if you love them, you will be screwed! They need to be replaced almost every month, that would be costly.

red dragon said:
Guys,please suggest me some good audio ripper.No matter what I use there is some hissing sound with 320kbps mp3s.With FLACs they are significantly less sometimes inaudible to my ears.
Low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs with a portable source?

karan_n8 said:
I might be reading between the lines but you do feel isolation and comfort can be problem for some with the TFT ? Thats my only apprehension, I could never get used to iems .Bought about 5 pairs, just could not get them into my tiny ears comfortably UNTILL i got he S4.Now my primary concern is that most of the iems dont fit me so whats the point upgrading.I love the way the S4 sounds, the bass is amazing and clear, the soundstage is amazing, if I want to go for something up the ladderhow am I know if they will gfit me right :( Do the comply fit the S4 ? I want to try that option !

these are a lot bigger than S4....and they are not meant to be inserted in the canal ....they are meant to be placed infront of the earcanal ...over the ear type ......i'd suggest you to try them first before getting them ( do try them with comply foams)

also comply foams for s4 are available but i doubt they will be better than the stock tips as s4's fit is different than tf10 ...s4 has to be inserted ...tf10 is to be placed

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ritvik said:
Low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs with a portable source?

my k702 also hisses a lot .....but ....its impedance is not very low(62 ) and also i am using it with Maverick D1(DAC) ......this hissing is absent with tf10 and image s4

strategy said:
my k702 also hisses a lot .....but ....its impedance is not very low(62 ) and also i am using it with Maverick D1(DAC) ......this hissing is absent with tf10 and image s4
You should get the Heed Canamp. It has an excellent synergy with the K702 and has almost no hiss. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

esanthosh said:
As Benny said in a recent post, upgrades past budget IEMs are horizontal not vertical.
Thanks esanthosh, i think this must be the 1st tme where my thoughts have been suggested to in a post. :)

the d1 is also said to have great synergy with 702 ...in fact ive read " i would not ever recommend the D1 for any other headphone that K601/701/2 ...with these they shine"

will look into canamp though..thanks for the info.

main post updated ....just letting people know that :

These dont pair nicely with maverick D1(DAC) ...i mean my blackberry 8520 drives them better

....with D1 the bass is bloated ....with BB its controlled

....with D1 instrument separation is very poor(..... VERY) ....with BB it improves a lot and i am able tho distinctively hear every instrument used.

....even the treble of TF10 is hampered by using D1 with it ...the snares do not sound good ..with BB it improves on that too

now BB's SQ is good ....i for one consider it to be better than ipod touch ...but i'd be wrong to give the credit to tthe Blackberry for TF10's good performance with them ...the IEMs are to be praised here ( also the praise goes to D1 for setting the standards so low that even my laptop sounds better with TF10)

The strengths of tf10 are bass and treble ...if D1 makes them do pooerly in that department ...its the worst dac/amp for TF10

I am yet to recieve my Sflo and HM 602 :(...will then comment more on SQ

Note : D1 are not bad DAC/AMP they drive my AKG very nicely (also s4) and have enough power to drive most headphones ....have almost all inputs ( coaxial, optical, multiple analog ) ...its just that they pair badly with Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10

i prefer the tf10's unamped, and i think most tf10's users would agree with me here. i had a ibasso d2+boa.. and i could hear no major improovements with them connected to a itouch 3rdgen. i often ran em unamped only as they r fairly easy to drive. i dont think they really need a amp to begin with :)

Thanks for the endorsement of the BlackBerry as a portable source. :)

I have been experiencing the same thing but some people (who I will not name :p) still use their Ipod Mini over their BlackBerry 8900.

Hopefully this person will try the BlackBerry and finally ditch the Ipod Mini. :D

^^ i bought touch after my pearl got lost ( ....err...i dropped it off my pocket) hoping that they will be a improvement over my BB pearl...seriously they weren't ( ...the uppermids and treble are better in BB )
thus i sold off ipod touch to buy sflo ( ....which BTW is still traveling between indo-china route) ..

Fortunately my father got BB curve as a gift ( ...MR....he is a doctor) and he gave me the BB!

BF1983 said:
Thanks for the endorsement of the BlackBerry as a portable source. :)

I have been experiencing the same thing but some people (who I will not name :p) still use their Ipod Mini over their BlackBerry 8900.

Hopefully this person will try the BlackBerry and finally ditch the Ipod Mini. :D
hahaha the mini's not that bad, just put some music on my bb, initial impressions, bb has a better sound out i think, sounds more clean esp with the audio boost. but since the jvc's r fairly easy to drive, the mini has the the "ipodish sound" the wolfson dac in the mini is pretty good aswell. just sounds more detailed in the bb, maybe with more sensetive iems ill hear a much more noticable diff! i have nothing else to compare these too.. will try the hd201 + bb combo later! but thanks BF1983. im liking the blackberry sound!!! time to get a bigger memory card, why did u make me hear the re1!!!!!! mad mad combo bro! seriously, by the way i just did the kramer mod on the jvc's .. more upper mids + highs, bass def has become more tight, will try different foams n tips now :)

BF1983 said:
^^ You are welcome. :D

And with Faheem busy shifting house, I need to help reduce the wallets of people in his staid. ;)
Try me. I am firm about not upgrading to anything sooner than a year. I will be sticking to the UDAC / RE-0 and M2 combo.

^^lol ...IT was re0 and udac, 2 days ago..... and now its re0, udac AND m2 now ....talk about firm :p
good for you though ......its human nature

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Try me. I am firm about not upgrading to anything sooner than a year. I will be sticking to the UDAC / RE-0 and M2 combo.
Boss, udac is old stuff. Its best to upgrade to the udac 2 immediately to avoid being left behind with outdated technology. :eek:hyeah:

BF1983 said:
Boss, udac is old stuff. Its best to upgrade to the udac 2 immediately to avoid being left behind with outdated technology. :eek:hyeah:
Ya but the udac would still need a usb input. He would be better off with a Sflo2 HO -> Re0 / M2 or Sflo2 LO -> RSA Mustang -> Re1 (Imagine the Detailing / Imaging / Mids :D )

Back