my ipod speaker

frankmehta said:
that dock is pure ORGASM! I am in LOOOOOVE with that damn dock and it has been my dream since years, Sadly, I don't ever get the courage to spend 40 k on something that runs an iPod (with an outrageously poor DAC)
I now have my eyes set on the Wadia i740 transport for the iPod.

You'd do best to dump the ipod if you really care about music :). Total waste of time trying to get music out of a compromised source. That Wadia is an exercise in futility as is this Zeppelin. However this thing does look nice and is quite an attention grabber.

but nothing beats the flexibility of having 250 gb of music in one brick ;-)

an input into the wadia and then a pure digital out into the DAC which then goes to the amplifier will not bastardize the signal in any way, i feel.

frankmehta said:
but nothing beats the flexibility of having 250 gb of music in one brick ;-)

an input into the wadia and then a pure digital out into the DAC which then goes to the amplifier will not bastardize the signal in any way, i feel.

You obviously haven't heard about transport jitter my boy :). All digital sources are not the same!

Convenience and sound quality are two sides of a coin. You'll get either not both.

I didnt know what transport jitter is ;-)

Anyways, I totally agree with you!! I wish there was a more convenient way of storing music on a hard drive!

Back