My Latest Toy - Key Board - Logitech diNovo Edge

Nikhil said:
Why are you guys making such a big deal of the price ??

He liked it, he could afford it. He bought it.

So what ??

Dont people buy Mercs and BMWs every other day ??

Exactly - I liked it and i bought it.
Price might have been expensive - but its on the sexiest keyboards that i have ever seen (and it was available in India). I was looking for a sleek looking keyboard, that would match my Lian Li PC65B and this was the best choice.

Reviews - here

all i gotta say...freaking awesome...super sexy...kewl man .. !!! congrats....

u r rig too is ...insane..i hope the rig gallery opens up soon..so tht i can have as look at u r b**ch rig !!

and yeah about the high price..i too believe..if u like something and u can afford it go for it..dnt think much lolz...if u have the moolah then why worry lolz...!

F|0ccY said:
WHAT?!?!? on a freggin keyboard!??!?:S :S

Looks awesome, no doubt, but the price gave me a heartattack.

Quad Master said:
11.6K on a Keyboard u r insane man.

It looks killer but not worth 11.6K , frankly speaking.

U cud have invested in some other component.

Anyways Congrats on ur Keyboard.

shrey said:
11.6 K :O :O :O Dude , seriously awesome piece of hardware, but lik everyone is asking ... WHY :S ? ?

Congrats anyway, :p

Aditya said:
OMG?

11.6k on a keyboard.

I though I was crazy buying a 50$ Z-Board.

One question.. Why did you go for this? :/..

Congrats on the purchase anyways :/.

WTH....

LOL, Did anyone ask you why 35 K on a silly GPU when a 10k would have done the trick, or 35 K on a bloody CPU when a 5K would have been nearly the same???

You guys are the ones who have no qualms shoving money into the most xpensive CPU/GPU/Cooling kits....

so if u like your hi-end CPU/GPU whatever other stuff, someone could be a keyboard lover too :p

Hehe, no offense meant at all to you guys, but I was surprised to see you folks (of all people) acting so surprised abt ;)this!

SC said:
Did anyone ask you why 35 K on a silly GPU when a 10k would have done the trick, or 35 K on a bloody CPU when a 5K would have been nearly the same???

sorry, wrong analogy... a gpu or cpu almost always improves performance. Even the (seemingly) overpriced stacker offers the best cooling amongst all cabinets. Whether one needs that much performance is irrelevant here.
What this keyboard does, is look good. :p And of course, its wireless. Of course, if intelxeon wants to spend on good looks and wireless connectivity, then good for him :D

BTW, I found an even better keyboard than the saitek - Deck Backlit Keyboards

well the point is to appreciate his purchase not to disagree or make him feel bad!

I have been seeing this many a time
nice kebby intelxeon too expensive for me :p

those keyboards which zhops showed are not as thin or as sexy as the Logitech diNovo Edge :eek:hyeah:

I like the Logitech diNovo Edge a lot :hap2:

but thin & small is just not my style so I just love my 300 bux Logitech New Touch Keyboard :p

anyways hats off to you intelxeon awesome purchase :clap:

that keyboard is very sexy & worth 11.6k easily :D

Udit said:
those keyboards which zhops showed are not as thin or as sexy as the Logitech diNovo Edge

well I hate to rain on intelxeon's parade, but then I got a lot of free time :p Udit, the Deck keyboard is not meant to be thin and sexy. The $150 gets you this -

Operating temperatures: -40° C to +70° C.

Keycaps made using a sublimation process, meaning the letters on the keycaps will never wear off.

Deckâ„¢ backlit illuminated keyboards, made by TG3 Electronics are the first gaming keyboards to have every single key illuminated by individual L.E.D.'s that are rated at 200,000 hours of life. That's pushing 22 years if it is never turned off. It has seven different intensity levels and full brightness is tweaked to 5.25 milliamps.

Deckâ„¢ backlit illuminated keyboards are also some of the most durable keyboards on the planet. Originally made as a splashproofed industrial backlit keyboard which can be found in many police vehicles, they carry a MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) rating of 86,000 hours. Constructed with 50-million cycle switches and gold cross point key switches, it would be very difficult to wear one of these out (putting it into perspective, the keyboard you are using right now is most likely using 1 million cycle and no gold).

Polycarbonate body, aluminium backplate, and 105 individual LEDs. Now I would say that is definately worth $150 :hap2:

superczar said:
LOL, Did anyone ask you why 35 K on a silly GPU when a 10k would have done the trick, or 35 K on a bloody CPU when a 5K would have been nearly the same???

There is a HUGE difference in performance between a 10k and a 35k gpu aswell as between a 35k cpu and a 5k cpu.:bleh:

Hehe, no offense meant at all to you guys, but I was surprised to see you folks (of all people) acting so surprised abt ;)this!
Its a...KEYBOARD for fuks sake:S :S

:p

zhopudey said:
sorry, wrong analogy... a gpu or cpu almost always improves performance. Even the (seemingly) overpriced stacker offers the best cooling amongst all cabinets. Whether one needs that much performance is irrelevant here.
What this keyboard does, is look good. :p And of course, its wireless. Of course, if intelxeon wants to spend on good looks and wireless connectivity, then good for him :D

BTW, I found an even better keyboard than the saitek - Deck Backlit Keyboards

F|0ccY said:
There is a HUGE difference in performance between a 10k and a 35k gpu aswell as between a 35k cpu and a 5k cpu.:bleh:
Its a...KEYBOARD for fuks sake:S :S

:p
guys, it's all about different perspectives...for someone who doesn't game, or is a casual gamer...doesn't use his/her comp for cpu intensive tasks, how in heaven's name is say a X6800 or a Z12000 for that matter better than a E6600?

Would I see any difference in openin up a webpage or edit word docs between a CPU that costs 6K vs another that costs 30K, or a GPU that costs 5K vs one that is 35 K?

Is there any incremental value I get?

If I am a non-gamer, and if I were to look at say someone's 8800 purchase from the same POV as yours, i too could say it's a GPU for fuks sake :p

but I won't coz I know the other guy saw some intrinsic value in there....

Lot of my friends sniggered at me for spending close to a lac on my audio setuo...well, I see value in there which they don't...

Or say take Rio's proccy purchase, IIRC some 40K....he saw some value in there...my colleague who uses his notebook for web browsing (only) would find it extremely silly....

similarly the OP saw some value in this KB that you don't seem to be willing to appreciate
If I see value in a ergonomic KB, well so be it...isnt it?

Back