My Latest Toy - Key Board - Logitech diNovo Edge

Well, if someone can explain why this keyboard is so expensive, I'll be glad to shut up. Is it at least the best wireless keyboard available? (best as in range/ battery life etc). I'm asking cause I really don't know. Does a bluetooth k/b have any advantages over RF?

zhopudey said:
Well, if someone can explain why this keyboard is so expensive, I'll be glad to shut up. Is it at least the best wireless keyboard available? (best as in range/ battery life etc). I'm asking cause I really don't know. Does a bluetooth k/b have any advantages over RF?
pssst zhops , dont you know that if you press the right keys , right number of times , then actually real gold coins will come out of the base of the keyboard.;) :no: form and function is getting as mixed / confused as some of the members.:huh:

Zhops, I for one wouldn' buy this keyboard...at the same time, I wouldn't buy a 8800 either till its price gets more reasonable (guess when the 9xxx series is out, maybe not even then coz i don't see a need for it at all)

a 8800 buyer thinks its worthwhile to pay say a 50% premium for a 15% performance increase, same way, someone may think its worthwhile to pay a large premium for say 20% better ergonomics or looks or whatever...

maybe the 8800 buyer really thinks that an iota of extra performance justifies a huge premium...maybe its for pure bragging right..I dunno

As for this KB, I have no idea what this keyboard excels at , I presume its a mix of good ergonomics combined with good looks...

However, the Point I am trying to make is my POV for value isn't the same as someone elses'

The reason I said this is when I saw Rio's post on his new C2D..I was like Whoa.....this is overkill for a proccy...and then it hit me ....his POV on what defines VFM for him is not the same as mine....

Some folks I know (non-rich...9-6 job types though decent earners) would have a hard time paying 10K for a PC upgrade from their existing PIII rigs ( I have tried convincing em...no go :p) , but don't flinch a bit spending the same amt of money on drinking/dining over a weekend night....their idea of money well spent..isnt it?

As for benefits of BT over RF for a KB, dunno mate!

pssst zhops , dont you know that if you press the right keys , right number of times , then actually real gold coins will come out of the base of the keyboard. form and function is getting as mixed / confused as some of the members.

I'll skip the sarcasm Deejay :)

edit: This is what ign says

The diNovo is an impressive little system. It might be "just" a keyboard and mouse combo, but it's the most bad-ass one around. There are a few quirks, but the only real obstacle should be price. The benefits of the media controls, perfect wireless communication, and comfortable layout make it an excellent desktop item, so long as you can afford the price of admission.

see a connection, some folks pay a huge price for the max bad-ass proccy/gpu/psu whatever, let's call them virtual perfomance enhancers

some folks are willing to pay a huge premium for the max bad-ass Human interface device, let's call it maybe a feel-good factor enhancer

Arrey! Thats exactly what I am trying to understand here, but no one will care to explain. I can understand the POV behind an expensive CPU /GPU / PSU etc, but not for this expensive keyboard, which doesn't seem to excel at anything. According to me, if its the most expensive in the category, then it has to excel at something.

Ohhhh wait! Is this like the moto razr of keyboards? All form and no function?

^^ LOL...perhaps...still a lot of people bought the razr...

Though I wouldn't go to the extent of calling the razr or this KB all form, no function...maybe a lot of form, some function

zhopudey said:
Arrey! Thats exactly what I am trying to understand here, but no one will care to explain. I can understand the POV behind an expensive CPU /GPU / PSU etc, but not for this expensive keyboard, which doesn't seem to excel at anything. According to me, if its the most expensive in the category, then it has to excel at something.
Ohhhh wait! Is this like the moto razr of keyboards? All form and no function?
superczar said:
^^ LOL...perhaps...still a lot of people bought the razr...

Though I wouldn't go to the extent of calling the razr or this KB all form, no function...maybe a lot of form, some function
This is just like buying a paintintg. some see inherent value in it, some buy "when" they understand what the painter wanted to convey, some buy because it will "match" with the decor of their house, some buy because they feel its value may increase in future......etc

in short it is a very "personal" thing.if you like something and if you can afford it ...then why not ??

what i fail to understand is why the "hungama" over it. ?? if it was some breakthrough technology i would understand, but paying nearly 50% margin over its international price and members going overboard about it (see the number of "congrats" postings) just because it costs a lot of money (virtually the cost of a complete basic pc) is beyond my comprehension.

The thread starter liked and bought a slightly overpriced k/b for his use, it pleases him (which is very important) so let it be.

i just bought the asus striker exteme m/b (dont ask why, impulsive decision !!!!) so you see we technolgy fanatics do have our moment of madness........;)

on the other hand i am very pleased with the purchase of "basic" fuji 7.3 MP camera for $ 135. and am trying to convince somebody to get me (meaning carry it here from US) the viewsonic 37" LCD HDTV for my bedroom which costs $750 thats roughly Rupees 33.5K:no:

Back