My Macbook Air 13"

madmaniac

Adept
My new Macbook Air 13"
Cost: 63k

Some basic points and my experience.

I've been using this for a week now. I haven't bought myself a bag yet so using a backpack for now. Planning to buy a messenger bag so I can cary my baby wherever I go.

Coming from windows it took about 20 mins or so and I had it pretty much figured out. The interface is very user friendly and access to programs is just a swipe away.

The trackpad is what makes the mac so productive. It's like i don't even need an external mouse. (probably do when gaming) The trackpad is crazy. There're swipes for almost anything. and then theres apps where you can add custom swipes. The possibilities are endless. I love the three finger swipe from fiullscreen applications.

Despite being a 4gb machine its blazing fast because of the ssd. Read and write speeds over 700mb/s. The machine starts up in 8 seconds and resumes from sleep instantly.
I have multiple tabs open in chrome and my trading platform, watching a movie with no decrease in speed switching from application to application. Photoshop loads in 3 econds

I've just been downloading apps all week.

Battery life has been awesome. I did a full discharge once and I charge the battery lasts me a day and half to two days. I have noticed that chrome eats more batttery than safari when having too many tabs open but not too significant.

Form factor. Its light and easy to carry. After using normal laptops it seems this is as easy to move around like an ipad. You can feel the build quality is strong. I love the brightness of the screen and the keyboard doesn't have bleed like other laptop keyboards which blind you. I love the mild apple glow on the back unlike my old hp which was too bright.

I tell you after coming from windows I am really loving the mac experience. I feel like I can have my entire life backed up with apps and syncimg with the iphone is really handy. Everything is so simple and comfortable I actually think I may be sticking to mac for the future. The only game I play is tf2 and that is playable on mac :)

If you make the switch to mac I truly believe you will find it a satisfying experience. No more stupid driver problems no more contact windows help centre, no more application has stopped responding.

Well that's about it for now. If you've got any specific requests I could help.

O4oCxSN.jpg

veEAgiZ.jpg

hvic3yw.jpg

Z5YavUc.jpg

r7Kruz9.jpg

Damn websense, cannot see the pics :mad:
Congrats on the purchase, although i have never used or owned a MAC, i would probably buy an Air one day.

Do us a favour , use the machine intensively and then after doing some heavy work and multitasking

Open activity monitor from spotlight search .

And post the post shot of that of RAM page

Do us a favour , use the machine intensively and then after doing some heavy work and multitasking

Open activity monitor from spotlight search .

And post the post shot of that of RAM page

No more stupid driver problems no more contact windows help centre, no more application has stopped responding.

I am repeating myself but really want to try Mac. But i just Bought a Lappy less than a year back.
The integration with iOS is what I feel would be real good.

I am repeating myself but really want to try Mac. But i just Bought a Lappy less than a year back.
The integration with iOS is what I feel would be real good.

You seem to be happy with iOS and if you wouldn't be moving to Android in the near future then a Macbook makes more sense for you. Hell, I am looking to buy the Macbook just for the looks, retina display and the awesome Apple support and I will be running Windows on it all the time.

You seem to be happy with iOS and if you wouldn't be moving to Android in the near future then a Macbook makes more sense for you. Hell, I am looking to buy the Macbook just for the looks, retina display and the awesome Apple support and I will be running Windows on it all the time.

Yeah i am fully satisfied with iOS (as of now). It works for me and i have never been happier when using a phone. Jailbreak makes it more awesome actually. Stock iOS is just something i cannot live with i feel, that's what you get after being spoilt by using jailbreak.
Alright...no more derailing the thread :p

and I will be running Windows on it all the time.
Bad idea. Performance issues, improper battery management, choppy drivers. You can use it as a secondary OS to complement the primary one, but if you are planning to run Windows all the time, I wouldn't suggest it.

Bad idea. Performance issues, improper battery management, choppy drivers. You can use it as a secondary OS to complement the primary one, but if you are planning to run Windows all the time, I wouldn't suggest it.

Problems are not that bad but yes if ur going to run windows all the time then u should wait for Haswell windows laptop.

Congrats on the purchase. Been using my Air for close to a year now. It's been the best computer I have ever owned. I can't imagine going back to any other PC/Mac. I will wait for the day when we will see a Air with Retina Display and which is not too expensive.

Congrats on the purchase. Been using my Air for close to a year now. It's been the best computer I have ever owned. I can't imagine going back to any other PC/Mac. I will wait for the day when we will see a Air with Retina Display and which is not too expensive.

Do you use Windows on it by chance. If yes are there any big issues.

I use it only to play Cricket Heroes (which is once/twice in a month) or when I need something windows-specific which is extremely rare. I am running Windows 8 and I do not have any issues with it. Haven't done any battery benchmarks on Windows but other than it seems to be running fine.

Depends on whether you are able to find drivers for the components. Not sure you would get XP drivers with the latest Macs. I could be wrong though.

Back