2abXdl.jpg
XlVV7l.jpg

cnKzel.jpg
wnZYZl.jpg

9KPSfl.jpg
BF4Hjl.jpg

finally after 3 months of fighting :sleep:

will update this thread with speedtest shortly :yahoo:

Congrats... FTTH / OFC is really cool... Amazing latency and fewer issues as compared to other lines....
Details? City/ ISP/Plan?

P.S: Dont try breaking that thin cable with your fingers... I hurt mine... :)

Sorry to keep you guys waiting here are the details :

ISP : Railwire

Plan : 2Mbps unlimited

Price : 1.6K /month

they also have a plan 4Mbps/4Mbps unlimited for 2.4K

Speedtest :

getting a steady 220+KB/s on utorrent DDL it goes upto 350KB/s for some weird reason :scared14:.playing COD online has never felt so good before ....i dont know how this connection will be on the long run but for now railwire rocks :hail:

Congrats once again... never heard of Railwire (I m in Pune) but hope it stays consistent.
Though the rates are reasonable many ISPs providing OFC connectivity are now charging 999 for 2MBPS.
(It does not mean you are not getting a good deal... Having a consistent line is more imp than that few 100 bucks.)
Enjoy the new connection... :)
When I got my OFC net connection I loved showing it off to my friends who visited my place :D I too have a 2MBPS ...

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Congrats once again... never heard of Railwire (I m in Pune) but hope it stays consistent.
Though the rates are reasonable many ISPs providing OFC connectivity are now charging 999 for 2MBPS.
(It does not mean you are not getting a good deal... Having a consistent line is more imp than that few 100 bucks.)
Enjoy the new connection... :)
When I got my OFC net connection I loved showing it off to my friends who visited my place :D I too have a 2MBPS ...

2MBPS ? woah thats cool bro..for 999 its a steal unlimited ? :scared14:

here the only other option that offers any decent speed is WI5 which is wireless and costs 2.5K for 2Mbps/0.2Mbps connection ...the connection wont be consistent like this railwire OFC it will go up and down ...i have that connection too but sometimes its a pain in the ass to use :p.we also have airtel but they only give connection in the city center and all their plans are crap :( .

railwire is a government undertaking ....they came in a sumo that belonged to the ministry of railways only :D.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Congrats... FTTH / OFC is really cool... Amazing latency and fewer issues as compared to other lines....
Details? City/ ISP/Plan?

P.S: Dont try breaking that thin cable with your fingers... I hurt mine... :)

dude thats serious i heard people will die if that glass piece enters the blood stream ...even the guy who who came to my bros house said the same thing .

railwire is a government undertaking ....they came in a sumo that belonged to the ministry of railways only :D.
dude thats serious i heard people will die if that glass piece enters the blood stream ...even the guy who who came to my bros house said the same thing .

I saw their site. They are a company under RailNet which has a all india fibre backbone... one of the earliest in the nation.
But it was not for commercial use till recent.
The glass (in the cable) is dangerous just like any other small piece of glass but I don't believe its that fatal as you were told :D
So don't worry too much.
For now enjoy online gaming.... :bigok:

Boo hoo its for Kanchipuram and not for nearby Chennai. You are lucky bro. Suffering idiotic moneyleeching ISPs.

i can understand bro ...myself trying to get a decent connection in but road for a relative of mine...even wi5 is not availkable in but road st. thomas mount ....only airtel and bsnl :sleep:.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Railwire is Available in Tamil Nadu?? I thought it's available only in Bglr..

its available in 3 maybe 4 villages in india....one being arakkonam town and the other called nemili village.....still cant believe both these places now has ftth :lol:.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

this is my neighbors connection same ISP :

p2hfl.png

:)

from yesterday evening i have downloaded 24GB even with 9 hrs shutdown due to powercut... not bad :head2:

2Mbps unlimited for 1600 is Good Comparing to the Present Broadband situation in India Created by Bharti FUP broadband and BSNL FUP Broadband.

Try the speed test with some non-Indian servers as well. Indian servers don't really give a very good picture of the practical pings/speeds.

Here is a speed test of my new beam connection with Mumbai server which shows an incredible 19ms ping

Ping rates for a US servers are 10 times as much and the speeds also suffer.

Try the speed test with some non-Indian servers as well. Indian servers don't really give a very good picture of the practical pings/speeds.

Here is a speed test of my new beam connection with Mumbai server which shows an incredible 19ms ping

Ping rates for a US servers are 10 times as much and the speeds also suffer.

You are right speeds to US suck :

nevada :

London :

so far downloaded like 80+GB in 7 days :D

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

2Mbps unlimited for 1600 is Good Comparing to the Present Broadband situation in India Created by Bharti FUP broadband and BSNL FUP Broadband.

I know the pain ...i was paying like 1.4K /month for 512kbps connection :(.

Good to see Railtel is finally expanding outside of Whitefield. It's a pity they have a good backbone but no delivery and they charge too much for wholesale access :(
@swatkats it seems you follow my Twitter ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
help me!!

sam!! pls help me .... iam livin in kanchipuram!! i asked BSNL but they can't make it becoz of area problem!!:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: so im gonna check out for rail wire.. pls temme how to contact 'em!!:(:(

sam!! pls help me .... iam livin in kanchipuram!! i asked BSNL but they can't make it becoz of area problem!!:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: so im gonna check out for rail wire.. pls temme how to contact 'em!!:(:(

Sorry bro for the late reply ...they dont give connection in many area ...myself fought with them for 3 months and only after i got them 3 more connections did they oblige...but dont worry just tell me where u are located in kanchipuram....if you live in the main area then i am 100% sure they will set you up in no time....i know the owner now so tell me exactly where you need the connection and i will speak to him for you :).

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

hi sam000 .. can u ask them how long will they take to expand their horizon.

yeah sure mate will ask and update this thread .

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

last month my DL+UP crossed 600GB :D

Back