Audio My new Hifi room

Google: the revolutionary new search engine, for all your information needs. Hotlinks to wikipedia and dictionary.com, among others. Open exclusively at Google Simply key your required word near the blinking cursor and press 'Enter' and presto, you will find hundreds of references to terms you did not know! Try it today!

All the B'lore buggers are there messing the room up now. Sandy is probably drunk and Chaos is having to fight him and draw him out of the room so, he doesnt pass out and fall on the speakers or something.

hunt3r(if he has found time to be with these guys today) will be doing handstands. Raghu still has a looong way to go before he's drunk and for now, he would be watching all the entertainment around him.

Dont go into his budget. You will empty your pockets and bank accounts and those of your parents, wife/gf(if any) friends and will still not get what you want. Unless of course Chaos is one of those friends! :p :rofl:

anandkrishnantc said:
Hi Chaos,

I am looking for a decent Audio system for myself. Could you tell me how much is the cost for PreAMP, DAC and speakers?

The Lyrita and Audiozone are custom made, the audiozone around $400 IIRC and the Lyrita around 20k.

The Ushers are in the 1.8L range.

How much were the Goertz cables Chaos?

Anish said:
The Lyrita and Audiozone are custom made, the audiozone around $400 IIRC and the Lyrita around 20k.

The Ushers are in the 1.8L range.

How much were the Goertz cables Chaos?

The Speakers are arnd 1.3L now with taxes thanks to the depreciating rupee. Add the cost of stands (~25k). The power amp retails for around 90k'ish though I bought it used for less. The pre was 22 grand with phono stage when I bought it. Will be around 30 now as Viren has improved the design considerably. The DAC retails for USD 1000. I got a great deal as we got 5 of them together and it came to ~750 - dirt cheap for the sound it produces. A very similar 47labs design retails for around 5000 USD and the Zanden is quite similar too and that retails at ~20k USD. You do get fancy looking boxes and more inputs though :p. There's a DIY kit for the same sans the massively expensive all Blackgate NX caps in mine for around 400$. The turntable was bought used for around 5 grand and another 4 grand went on the cartridge. (Thanks nikhil).

Finally the cables - all of them included would be ~25-30 grand. Most of them are purchased used.

Neat- was kinda obvious it would happen soon. :)

The tiny's sound nice- the mini's sound nice too. :p

Gannu said:
^Oh. I remember I'd pulled out those *phat* black interconnect when it was supposed to be threaded. Chaos was all angry on me for a second. :ashamed:

Just a second coz he is Chaos.

The first thing to do when one doesn't know is ask rather than take a chance and risk damaging something that may void quite a few payslips. :bleh:

Some others may have thrown you out and banned you from coming back- trust me. :p

Nikhil said:
Dont go into his budget. You will empty your pockets and bank accounts and those of your parents, wife/gf(if any) friends and will still not get what you want. Unless of course Chaos is one of those friends! :p :rofl:

How do you know he is not even more loaded? :p

Bring it on!! :eek:hyeah:

cranky said:
Google: the revolutionary new search engine, for all your information needs. Hotlinks to wikipedia and dictionary.com, among others. Open exclusively at Google Simply key your required word near the blinking cursor and press 'Enter' and presto, you will find hundreds of references to terms you did not know! Try it today!

the adman speaketh. :rofl:

@chaos: kewl setup there. Would luv to have a listen :)

Unreal man. Congrats!

2L for an audio setup :S

You already have an ultra setup. Now make a promise to yourself, not to invest in any more A/V :p.

Once you get married you will automatically start investing in a uber apartment instead of uber audio setups :hap5:

Back