My New Italian Jet !!!!

Congrats, take it easy for the first 1k kms and then you can have a lot of fun :D

@all

Thank you guys :)... i am glad you liked it :)

@bottle

What speed limit should i maintain for the first 1k kms ? I have driven it fast at least 5 to 6 times but those were just short sprints ...

@kauzy

Awesome cars you own man !!!

@shadow747

Sure they do..

@pratikb

Yeah she's built and feels like a tank..

Congrats, welcome to the T-jet club :)

I kept mine under 2.5K rpm regardless of gear. You'll notice the best fuel economy is delivered at approximately that engine speed. In 5th gear that should be around 120km/h :D Road speed is academic, what you need to do is get the shifting right - too low and it stresses the engine badly, too high and the same story.

I did use a few short bursts (two or three total, not too much) of up to 4K during the first 1K kms, which I just finished. As it happened the car ended up with 950km on the odo on the return leg of my Delhi-Jaipur trip, so I ignored the rev limiter for the last 50km sprint. That took a half-hour.

Nice to drive but watch for rattles, they start to emerge fairly quick specially if you ride her hard.

Mumbai price seems high. I got mine (non-EMI purchase) for 9.6 - mine is FTA.

@Faraz

Thank you :)

@cranky

Hmmm.. i will keep it under 2.5k rpm henceforth for the first 1k kms. Almost all cars got expensive in Jan 2011 :( . BTW when did you buy t-jet and which color?

@dark.lord.rules

@djmykey

@xxjayxx

@SunnyBoi

Thanks.. Its really difficult to keep it under 2.5 RPM for the first 1k kms , blame the turbo :) , its just so tempting to feel the need for speed !!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

djmykey said:
Not really.. petrol prices went up :(

LOL .. Seriously the rates have shot up

Got mine in the beginning of March, and mine is a brand new car with manufacturing of Feb (not 2010 stock which is ~35k cheaper). Mine is FTA - Fox Trot Azure, the light steel-blue colour.

Back