OC & Modding My OCZ Gold VX RAM Arrives !!!!!

Darklord said:
The ram already has Ramsinks,i dont think i will need those TT Ram Sinks.

I dont have a Super Lanboy dude.Infact its a pathetic cabinet, very cramped.Just picked a VIP ZB01 today.Decent Case. ;)

I think what he was asking your suggestion so he could buy it. :eek:hyeah: He was not recommending it to you. I guess you were so excited with your new RAM that you didn't read it completely.
Darklord said:
Huh ???? :huh:
I guess removing teh RAMSINKS helps only in case of TCCD.Correct me if i am wrong.
Winbond BH-5 needs em i guess. ;)

I thought OCZ PC4000 was TCCD.

nikhilb2008 said:
Then which particular model of OCZ are based on TCCD??? And is VX based on BH5??

OCZ EL DDR PC3200 Platinum Edition Rev 2 - this is surely TCCD. And yes VX is based on BH5.

U get VX in Gold DDR500, Gold DDR400, Value DDR400. Value DDR400 are untested VX RAM that may or may not hit high speeds at tight timings..

Yep the EL Platinum is based on TCCD.

If i'm not mistaken,
OCZ Gold VX is based on Winbond UTT CH-5 and OCZ Gold non-VX is based on Winbond BH-5 :)

OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Gold = Technically BH-5( made by using same fabrication but supposed to be better than BH-5 clock/clock.).

OCZ Platinum Revision 2= Samsung TCCD

OCZ Gold VX= Winbond UTT as Crazy Eddy said.

Yes OCZ Gold VX PC3200 are Winbond UTT for sure.
Somewhere before i posted,they are BH-5,they are not, sorry about that. :p

Well tried some OC wid my OCZ.
This is what i cud reach till now.

250 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 3.2V Vdimm

Here are some Sisoft scores,

Facing some problems currently with OC'ing the board. :(

Doing some research to get answers to my problems.

Lets hope i get those sooner. ;)

EDIT :
Some more results ,

265 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 1T !

3.7V Vdimm

Sisoft,

I will keep you guys updated about my attempts.
I tried this with installing the Ram in Orange slots [DIMM 2 & 4]
With Oscar Wu's Beta BIOS version 510-1.
It seems that the "-1" and "-3" are better for TCCD and the "-2" are good for BH-5/UTT

SO i will try out with that.
Also overclockability of this board varies hugely with different BIOS versions.

the 510 series is pretty good.

Let's see what happens.

Even at 3.7 Vdimm, the sticks were not even warm,although AC was on :p

So i guess i will go a bit further too,lets hope i do get some better results.

Another thing is that this RAM just doesnt like loose timings.System acts weird when u loosen the timings. :(

hehe 3.7V is a lot of voltage. Those are really nice timings. However be sure to give them active cooling or they'll get fried rather quick in the indian summer :)

i dont think so these RAMs are ment to be tortured with high voltages ;)
The only thing to look for is the motherboard.
For over 3.3v the mobo uses +5V line insted of 3.3V for memory and that heats up the motherboard PCB as per the guys over at XS.

All this OC was done at night with AC on.
I guess that should take care of the heating issue,isnt it ?

Also my new cabinet is very airy so ventilation is excellent.Also the side panel is currently kept open.

@ 2.6GHz the temp never went above 35 @ idle.

Nice to know that heat is not an issue. It seems the mushkin redlines are actually clock better than the vx. Long xtremesystems thread on it. BTW darky I hope u have the sticks in the yellow slots. It seems they are better than the orange ones for high voltage ;)

Back